• The KillerFrogs

Sobering Numbers: GP record against current B12 coaches

The TCU Football Jerk

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with "figured out". The team is just not playing football.
Respect your opinions and perspective immensely, but you are not correct on this one. From top to bottom, from his strategy to his tactics, opposing coaches have cracked the code to beating Coach Patterson. By using data and analytics, and retooling their own schemes, they found the weak spots in Gary's defensive genius. He gets all the credit in the world for creating a defense like he did. It literally changed the game.

Now the game has changed, but he hasn't.

It's the circle of life for college football.

mc1502

Respect your opinions and perspective immensely, but you are not correct on this one. From top to bottom, from his strategy to his tactics, opposing coaches have cracked the code to beating Coach Patterson. By using data and analytics, and retooling their own schemes, they found the weak spots in Gary's defensive genius. He gets all the credit in the world for creating a defense like he did. It literally changed the game.

Now the game has changed, but he hasn't.

It's the circle of life for college football.
And TCU is now the baby gazelle getting mauled by the mean tiger

JAB331

I didn't read the article, because I'm cheap and didn't want to pay for premium content. But I think the gist here is it's not about how hard you work, it's getting things to fall your way, for whatever reason, that "it" factor.

We used to watch the Frogs, and the vast majority of times, those little things that lead to victory, they fell our way. Now things mostly fall the other teams way. Why? It's probably a lot of things, but mostly heart, and having the team, coaches, and even the fans, bought in to your vision - believing. I don't see that anywhere, I don't really even see it in Gary's eyes (he seems more like he's just trying to hold on to that sweet pay check as long as possible), but I do see it in eyes of the other teams that beat us this year.

Heck, Tech fired their coach, probably because they lost to us, b/c no one should be losing to us right now. Gary says everyone is comparing notes on how to beat him, well why isn't he meeting with everyone comparing notes on how to beat OU, or other teams? And to those that are like, "we could become like Texas or Tech" WAKE UP! We already are - it's now just a matter of if we want to try and be better by getting a new head coach? Or just watch the same cycles play out over and over, not make changes, and expect a different result?