• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Gary Patterson is working ‘harder than anyone’ to get TCU football back on track

Moose Stuff

Look, we all know Patterson is gonna be given another year because ADJD is out of his league on all this. Only hope is they force him to dump the assistants, as many of them had no business being at a P5 anyway. Including Fitch.
Knowing full well that Gary is on his way out soon why would any decent assistant from another program come to TCU right now? Dumping assistants seems real unlikely to me and if it happens it seems even more unlikely that we can attract good candidates.

Eight

Knowing full well that Gary is on his way out soon why would any decent assistant from another program come to TCU right now? Dumping assistants seems real unlikely to me and if it happens it seems even more unlikely that we can attract good candidates.

agreed, this isn't the same situation as say mensa dumping staff in austin in an attempt to find the proper staff mix to get the program headed in the right direction

everyone knows gary is gone at some time in the near future and why leave a stable situation for a short term opportunity?

Wexahu

There really is only one decent option at this point. The quicker it happens, the better off we’ll be.

FWSTC Hfrog

If what I watched Sat. night was, "emptying the playbook on defense", then that is one of the thinnest books in P5. That statement is a absolute joke. As far as getting it fixed, we have been hearing this for over 3+ years and it's looking like that is becoming a task too tall. I would as soon watch them pack 8 tight in the box and throw in an occasional corner blitz and at least attempt to stop the run. Don't worry about getting burned deep because it is happening anyway. Geez.

Jackson

This year’s Team plays like they have a Dylan Jordan hangover. Something isn’t right when Gary Patterson returns a good number of starters from last year’s Big XII leading Defense and they are the Big XII’s worse this season. At times they look like they’re running the PWD (Professional Wrestling Defense) the defense that is comprised of fake hits, attempted tackles, acting and fake effort.
Gary needs to rid his Defense of those who belong to the “PWD” and play only those willing to run his scheme. Not as simple as it sounds because a cancer can be very difficult to discover and has dreadful consequences over time.

PO Frog

This year’s Team plays like they have a Dylan Jordan hangover. Something isn’t right when Gary Patterson returns a good number of starters from last year’s Big XII leading Defense and they are the Big XII’s worse this season. At times they look like they’re running the PWD (Professional Wrestling Defense) the defense that is comprised of fake hits, attempted tackles, acting and fake effort.
Gary needs to rid his Defense of those who belong to the “PWD” and play only those willing to run his scheme. Not as simple as it sounds because a cancer can be very difficult to discover and has dreadful consequences over time.
Maybe the cancer isn’t a player on the team but one of the coaches…

Spike

It’s like some of you want him to fail!
It's not that you want failure but an acceptance of the reality that 6 wins and a trip to Memphis probably ensures several more years of the same thing. That said noone was sicker than I was Saturday night when I realized that plate of Memphis BBQ was most likely not going to happen.

For the record if the somehow squeeze in to the Liberty or the AZ Bowl I'm probably going. BUt I don't see it happening.

Fosterpark Squatter

It's not that you want failure but an acceptance of the reality that 6 wins and a trip to Memphis probably ensures several more years of the same thing. That said noone was sicker than I was Saturday night when I realized that plate of Memphis BBQ was most likely not going to happen.

For the record if the somehow squeeze in to the Liberty or the AZ Bowl I'm probably going. BUt I don't see it happening.
Last projection I saw was the bowl game at smu

Froggy Style

Working Harder?

I wonder if he hadn't done the following for his crappy song:

1. thought about,
2. written, and re-written
3. practiced over and over
4. recorded, and re-recorded
5. played at Billy Bobs
6. and pandered to the ESPN cameras to sing 'Game on' before accidentally quitting the game 8 minutes early, and lying about quitting the game 8 minutes early...and then retracting the lie to Garysplain that we're not smart enought to understand that you have to quit to manage the whole season.

...and instead thought about, watched Matt Campbell run a defense, and documented how to fix a failed scheme....
...then coached his team on that new scheme...
...would that be considered "working harder"? Cuz the crappy play and the crappy song and the crappy political spin makes me think more of "hardly working" for a cush paycheck.

JugbandFrog

Gary is the James Brown of college football...
so that makes his towel girl the dude that put the cape back on James Brown?

CtuOJcSUIAAD5QG.jpg