• The KillerFrogs

Fire Gary? No, recall this program before Gary!

Dr.HFroog

1635078806560.png
To those who call for the firing of Gary Patterson I'd suggest the opposite. Gary brought relevance and respect back to Horned Frog Football after years and years of less than mediocrity. From Dutch Meyer to the Fran/Gary hiring, (with a short time of improvement under Jim Wacker) the Frogs had Pathetic leadership. Fire Gary ? No, petition the city of FTW to rename Stadium drive from Brady Ave to Berry Street as "Patterson Way" in honor of the coach who led the frogs back from the football abyss and in doing so markedly improved the image, endowment, and reputation of TCU ! There are a lot of reasons for this and last season's less than stellar performances but Gary is the leader to right the ship. This cartoon from the Skiff in November of 1970 illustrates the kind of program we had for many years. In this case Texas beat the Frogs 58-0 at our 1970 homecoming in what was the worst TCU game I've seen in 51 years. Thank the Lord Fran wanted to move on to what he thought were going to be greener pastures and Gary stepped up to be the loyal leader he is ! We may endure more games like yesterday in the short run, but I'm one who believes Gary Patterson is the man for this job!

One Frog Nation

I do remember Fred Taylor but that was a long time ago. There is a deep problem in TCU football and if Gary is not the problem, he has been not willing to fix it. You see other coaches all the time bring in new blood, new ideas. We tend to recycle blood and ideas. Yesterday's game was not a part of a short run = our short run is stretching 4 years now.. Look at Baylor after Briles they have risen up after bad seasons a couple of times. I am not an expert on how to fix broken football teams and I know that TCU does not have the resources of A&M or UT but then neither does Baylor or SMU or Wake Forest. Something must change in a big way this off season

netty2424

Just bizarre how anyone can watch this program right now and still think it’s headed in the right direction.

I’ve never seen a job posting that bullet points being successful about half the time as a requirement for employment. And if you perform in such manner, you’re compensated over $6 million, year after year.

Some of you, while I respect my elders, are so stuck in the past, you’ve become paralyzed and immune to the idea of success moving forward.

Frogs1983

View attachment 9857
To those who call for the firing of Gary Patterson I'd suggest the opposite. Gary brought relevance and respect back to Horned Frog Football after years and years of less than mediocrity. From Dutch Meyer to the Fran/Gary hiring, (with a short time of improvement under Jim Wacker) the Frogs had Pathetic leadership. Fire Gary ? No, petition the city of FTW to rename Stadium drive from Brady Ave to Berry Street as "Patterson Way" in honor of the coach who led the frogs back from the football abyss and in doing so markedly improved the image, endowment, and reputation of TCU ! There are a lot of reasons for this and last season's less than stellar performances but Gary is the leader to right the ship. This cartoon from the Skiff in November of 1970 illustrates the kind of program we had for many years. In this case Texas beat the Frogs 58-0 at our 1970 homecoming in what was the worst TCU game I've seen in 51 years. Thank the Lord Fran wanted to move on to what he thought were going to be greener pastures and Gary stepped up to be the loyal leader he is ! We may endure more games like yesterday in the short run, but I'm one who believes Gary Patterson is the man for this job!
What other Big 12 Team are you really a fan of, lol.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
View attachment 9857
I’m sorry about your SWC PTSD

View attachment 9857

While we might not be 70s bad, we've become 80s bad. This isn't one, or even two years bad. This is multi year bad. This will be our fourth year with out a bowl game. (yes, I know 2020 was an anomaly) Right now we're at .500 football for the past 4 years. That number is going to go down by the end of the year.

Little buddy I know fear of the unknown can be scary. But we've been able to handle coaching changes in the past. I know Gary built this thing, but its obvious its time for a change. He's gotten more slack up this point than any other coach would. We'll make his exit graceful. He'll always be valued. But his racing days are over. It's time to go to the pasture. Come on, you won't be alone during this scary time, we'll all be together. Just remember, a new coach can't get much worse than what we have right now.

TK2000

Yeah, before Gary I remember a 1998-7 win season, then a 1999-8 win season and then a 2000-10 win season all under Dennis Franchioni.

To think a new coach can’t have us back battling for a Conf Championship is ridiculous. We’re back at the point of missing bowl games.

Last edited: