• The KillerFrogs

Interesting post from Gary about attendance...

HFrog1999

Unfortunately, 60 percent of college students are now women, who I suspect are not as dedicated football fans as men, thus our rooting fan base may not be growing much.

Sexist IMO

Angry-Fan.gif

Mean Purple

This attendance issue is a historical phenomenon. Gary knew it when he came to tcu. Heck in the entire history of the swc tcu sold out one game. One!

isrc, all of the top 30 attendance figures have happened under Gary. And most of those when we were not in the B12 (ie when we were winning)
Thanks for confirming that are fans lack sports drive.

scheissing lawyers

Eight

Coach P speaks at numerous Chamber of Commerce events throughout the year. Those are open to the general public and I have never been to one where tickets were not available at the door.

As far as people whining about not getting to attend practice, welcome to modern college football. Coaches finally wised up to wannabe cools popping off at the mouth about what the saw at a practice. Some of them being sources for news articles that turn out to be way off in accuracy.

thanks for the response and the chamber of commerce is a great place to sell suites and boxes. not sure if that ties you into the person who is deciding to bring a family to the stadium 1-2 times a year, but i do agree with you and frognosticator that it isn't gary's job to sell tickets.

obviously his being out in the community helps as people like to spend money on things they feel connected to, but supposedly the athletic department has people who are getting paid to get those tickets moved and while we have some who talk about tcu always having issues filling the stadium that isn't completely true.

the numbers have been posted before on the site and there have been times the frogs averaged crowds at or above 45K and getting those tickets sold is the first step to getting people to show up

2018 and 2019 we saw the numbers slide, 2020 was the anomaly of all anomalies, which takes us to this year and what was the campaign by the athletic department?

as far as practice etc....not sure who is griping about physically attending practice other than the embarrassing string where tcu didn't host a spring game for more than one year and some of my thoughts on that are what i have been told by friends who are high school coaches. said it before that other programs do a much better job welcoming high school coaches in during the spring and hopefully doing things such as bringing bam harrision from red oak helps to open some of those doors

Eight

Unfortunately, 60 percent of college students are now women, who I suspect are not as dedicated football fans as men, thus the rooting fan base may not be growing much, if at all, from alums.

wife is a college football fan and daughter is a huge sports fan, niece went to iowa and is part of a group that meets each saturday in nyc,

now, that is only three, but what is interesting is the nfl has had strong growth with female fans, but that takes effort and new ideas.

asleep003

wife is a college football fan and daughter is a huge sports fan, niece went to iowa and is part of a group that meets each saturday in nyc,

now, that is only three, but what is interesting is the nfl has had strong growth with female fans, but that takes effort and new ideas.

My niece(LSU grad) and her husband(aggie) have one Daughter who goes to every Aggie home game(since she was 8 from Houston) and she turned down an engineering scholarship to SMU to go to A&M to support her aggies...

The other daughter(still in HS) refuses to go to College Station, unless the Tigers are coming to town... and insists she travels with her aggie father when the aggies go to Baton Rouge.

steelfrog

Tier 1
My niece(LSU grad) and her husband(aggie) have one Daughter who goes to every Aggie home game(since she was 8 from Houston) and she turned down an engineering scholarship to SMU to go to A&M to support her aggies...

The other daughter(still in HS) refuses to go to College Station, unless the Tigers are coming to town... and insists she travels with her aggie father when the aggies go to Baton Rouge.
So let steel see if he has this right, The one daughter turned down what was probably a partial scholarship to a Wayover priced SMU that has a crap tiny little engineering school and instead chose to go to the much more inexpensive and much more highly rated engineering school in college station, and you attribute that to what, the fact that she likes her daddy more than her mommy? Maybe it’s just good decision making

Brog

Go 10-3... plus win an NY6 bowl game this year... that's all needed for increase in attendance.

That sounds right, but somehow it looks to me like when we have one of those seasons by the time the next season rolls around it's almost forgotten.

asleep003

So let steel see if he has this right, The one daughter turned down what was probably a partial scholarship to a Wayover priced SMU that has a crap tiny little engineering school and instead chose to go to the much more inexpensive and much more highly rated engineering school in college station, and you attribute that to what, the fact that she likes her daddy more than her mommy? Maybe it’s just good decision making
Money was not an issue in this family... though everyone knows A&M is an incredible engineering school, Einstein...