• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘There is no wrong.’ TCU’s Patterson delivers NIL message to local business leaders

Pharm Frog

To the, “I’ll start to lose interest in college football crowd”. Might as as leave now.

If I’m being totally honest it has already started for me. I used to consume obscene amounts of college football and now I’m finding myself watching Frog games and bits and pieces of some games but generally only when there’s nothing else to do or when a streamed prestige TV show finishes up and the channel happens to be on a channel where a game is late in the 4th quarter. Would need to check with the Mrs. but probably started about 3-4 years ago. She no longer is surprised when I say I’m down for watching Line of Duty or Who Killed Sara or Cobra Kai or even Outer Banks on a Saturday afternoon or evening. And I’m somewhat meh on all of those except Line of Duty which is outstanding.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I already watch FAR less than I used to. I’ll watch TCU/Big 12/Texas teams and that’s just about it. And I’m the guy that used to watch Hawaii vs San Jose St at 1:00 AM or CMU/Toledo on a Tuesday.
I’m finding my interest dissipating. So much so that, because I’m not feeling well, my wife told me to go lay on the couch and watch football all day. I told her that didn’t sound all that great and would rather be working in the yard. Not long ago a full Saturday of uninterrupted football watching would have been amazing.

Moose Stuff

If I’m being totally honest it has already started for me. I used to consume obscene amounts of college football and now I’m finding myself watching Frog games and bits and pieces of some games but generally only when there’s nothing else to do or when a streamed prestige TV show finishes up and the channel happens to be on a channel where a game is late in the 4th quarter. Would need to check with the Mrs. but probably started about 3-4 years ago. She no longer is surprised when I say I’m down for watching Line of Duty or Who Killed Sara or Cobra Kai or even Outer Banks on a Saturday afternoon or evening. And I’m somewhat meh on all of those except Line of Duty which is outstanding.

Somewhat meh on Cobra Kai?!?!?! I knew I hated your volleyball loving ass.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

I’m finding my interest dissipating. So much so that, because I’m not feeling well, my wife told me to go lay on the couch and watch football all day. I told her that didn’t sound all that great and would rather be working in the yard. Not long ago a full Saturday of uninterrupted football watching would have been amazing.

Im seriously considering going to see Frogs v SMU in volleyball today at 2pm EVEN WITH the stupid mask requirement. Although the dancing mask less students featured on ESPN+ on Tuesday evening makes me think they aren’t enforcing it very much if at all. And that’s to watch a bad volleyball team play a mediocre volleyball team. I’ll let you figure out which is which but the Frogs are pedestrian (that’s a clue)

Eight

My grandson played in a select baseball tournament last weekend and hit three HRs, pitched the final game and his team won the tourney
Team paid a big fee to participate and I paid a gate and a cooler fee three times….

going to call that guy and tell him if he wants my grandson back - I want $500….

people who act like anyone should be able to go anywhere for more money “because that is the way the real world works” just prove they are nobodies in the real world

important people that are highly compensated in every walk of life, all over the world have employment restrictions in the form of non-competes, employment contracts that involve penalties for leaving early,etc

in today’s world - if you didn’t sign any form of employment contract that limits you options to leave - it’s because you weren’t that important to your employer to start and can be replaced without too much concern for loss of revenue or affect on operations

should be the same in college football if these players really think they deserve more than just a scholarship

of course they could stop wasting the scholarship by taking underwater basket weaving classes and that might fix a large part of the “no value” issue

banditos baseball

Wexahu

Right there with you. Don’t know if some of it is just getting older but there is no doubt the changes in the past couple years suck for the game. About the only intrigue left is seeing how this all plays out because under the current system it just can’t work. Unless they are trying to break ground and do something that’s never worked in the history of team sports.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Right there with you. Don’t know if some of it is just getting older but there is no doubt the changes in the past couple years suck for the game. About the only intrigue left is seeing how this all plays out because under the current system it just can’t work. Unless they are trying to break ground and do something that’s never worked in the history of team sports.
As soon as it became clear that only 4-5 teams had a shot at the playoffs I lost interest. I’m ready for the super league to go do their thing and TCU to be in the next group down that has a system similar to what it used to be. I think many fans would have interest in that league. And TCU would have a legitimate shot at doing something positive in it rather than just being a good team with no chance like it is now and will continue to be.

Eight

Wow…did not see a Banditos theme making an appearance in this thread.

simply mentioning it for fff. son had two friends who played for their travel team and they swear two guys who they only saw for the really big tournaments would fly in and play.

sure he could negotiate with them as long as he can prove he isn't undercover

Moose Stuff

simply mentioning it for fff. son had two friends who played for their travel team and they swear two guys who they only saw for the really big tournaments would fly in and play.

Oh he absolutely used to fly kids around on the Jarvis family private jet (Courtney Hawkins, Nick Williams, CJ Hinojosa). Banditos kinda lost their mojo after the whole Ray D soliciting prostitution arrest.

Pharm Frog

There’s no doubt about that. And that wasn’t just a Banditos thing. You’d routinely see that for several teams down at those East Cobb events and other tournaments as well. I miss watching my son play baseball but if I’m honest I don’t really miss that racket.