• The KillerFrogs

SI.com Explanation... Please Read

CryptoMiner

Check your corn hole. There's a huge stick up there and it might help to remove it.

Whatever. I obviously am not involved in any of this but the last time I had lunch with Scott and Wes (It was a while ago, Chips on Lovers, Scott had a double cheeseburger and tater tots) we discussed some of this (not SI in particular) but some of the concerns seem to be coming to fruition with this so I thought I would chip in.

Just offering advice and I am sure they will take it for what little it is worth.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
OK I misunderstood your comment. Its not my site and appreciate to work you do here so apologize for expressing my opinion.
I always want to hear it when people don’t like something we do. I’ll do my best to explain and we typically always give the board a heads up on any upcoming changes. Ryann’s announcement at the State of the Frogdom probably should have been followed up with a separate post. I’ll get the navigation link fixed and hopefully those that don’t like SI won’t have to deal with the extra click to get to the forum for much longer.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I was promised trophy points, dammit! And boobs.
You want some trophy points?

ArpD.gif

East Coast

Tier 1
Been here a long time, and I'm willing to give this a shot. Who knows, but with NIL and some of the other changes to college athletics my interest may drop significantly anyway.

Diehard

So after I received my 15th private message about this move this morning I thought I'd better put this in a post.
  1. Yes, if you go to Killerfrogs.com the old Wordpress site (which had only hosted the podcast links for years) now redirects to our managed FanNation area on SI.com.
  2. The forum is not part of this change and will always be available here (https://forum.killerfrogs.com)
  3. SI did not BUY KillerFrogs, we retain all rights to content we produce and post on SI.com as well as all previous works here on Killerfrogs.com
  4. This was always the plan Scott and Wes had for the site, not specifically partnering with SI, but I'll explain more below.
  5. Nothing will change on the forum, we're not getting rid of this part of the site, and in fact we're about to release an application for you to better use the forum and receive instant notifications along with a software update to the latest version of the board software which we're in dire need of upgrading to.
Now, some of you knew that Scott, Wes, and myself went down to College Station years ago to meet with the TexAgs team to discuss how KillerFrogs could move towards producing more content. The live podcast at Brewsters was part of that plan and both Scott and Wes were in the process of securing writers and content creators to generate TCU specific content (because the StarTelegram sucks) for KillerFrogs. Unfortunately, Scott's untimely passing put those plans on indefinite hold.

I'm not going to go into personal or behind the scenes issues, but it wasn't until Scott's part of KillerFrogs was secured by his brother WC this year that we were finally able to move forward with Scott's original vision. Of course Scott wanted the Wordpress site I had setup to be our content management system and he had plans to hire a local salesman to secure advertising and sponsorships for the site, but the landscape of online monetization has changed—a lot—since then. When SI approached Ryann about making KillerFrogs their TCU outlet for the FanNation it presented us with a platform and the means to help eventually get the site to where Scott, and now Ryann and WC, wanted to go.

Think of this move more of a change to the KillerFrogs homepage rather than us changing everything about the site. We've just upgraded to SI's content management system and have partnered with writers to provide more TCU specific content. That's all. Of course, if you are a writer or would like to provide content for the site (which might include media passes to games, et al) then email myself or Ryann (first name at Killerfrogs dot com).

I hope that clarifies the change to the homepage. Yes I know there are some things I need to fix like the link to the forum, but like changing any content management system it'll take a few days to work out the kinks.

Excited to see you guys carry on the dream. Most people here have no idea how bad Wes and Scott wanted accomplish more for Killer Frogs ( it was a daily topic with Wes for over a year). Glad to see that WC in a bigger part of it. They would both be over the moon happy to know it. Thanks much for the update!!

I look forward to reading good new content. It’s just expansion, it is not as if you proposed changing to an accurate university name such as—

Texas College & University

Last edited:

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
So after I received my 15th private message about this move this morning I thought I'd better put this in a post.
  1. Yes, if you go to Killerfrogs.com the old Wordpress site (which had only hosted the podcast links for years) now redirects to our managed FanNation area on SI.com.
  2. The forum is not part of this change and will always be available here (https://forum.killerfrogs.com)
  3. SI did not BUY KillerFrogs, we retain all rights to content we produce and post on SI.com as well as all previous works here on Killerfrogs.com
  4. This was always the plan Scott and Wes had for the site, not specifically partnering with SI, but I'll explain more below.
  5. Nothing will change on the forum, we're not getting rid of this part of the site, and in fact we're about to release an application for you to better use the forum and receive instant notifications along with a software update to the latest version of the board software which we're in dire need of upgrading to.
Now, some of you knew that Scott, Wes, and myself went down to College Station years ago to meet with the TexAgs team to discuss how KillerFrogs could move towards producing more content. The live podcast at Brewsters was part of that plan and both Scott and Wes were in the process of securing writers and content creators to generate TCU specific content (because the StarTelegram sucks) for KillerFrogs. Unfortunately, Scott's untimely passing put those plans on indefinite hold.

I'm not going to go into personal or behind the scenes issues, but it wasn't until Scott's part of KillerFrogs was secured by his brother WC this year that we were finally able to move forward with Scott's original vision. Of course Scott wanted the Wordpress site I had setup to be our content management system and he had plans to hire a local salesman to secure advertising and sponsorships for the site, but the landscape of online monetization has changed—a lot—since then. When SI approached Ryann about making KillerFrogs their TCU outlet for the FanNation it presented us with a platform and the means to help eventually get the site to where Scott, and now Ryann and WC, wanted to go.

Think of this move more of a change to the KillerFrogs homepage rather than us changing everything about the site. We've just upgraded to SI's content management system and have partnered with writers to provide more TCU specific content. That's all. Of course, if you are a writer or would like to provide content for the site (which might include media passes to games, et al) then email myself or Ryann (first name at Killerfrogs dot com).

I hope that clarifies the change to the homepage. Yes I know there are some things I need to fix like the link to the forum, but like changing any content management system it'll take a few days to work out the kinks.

Ummm...there's a world-class sports photographer who posts in this site who REALLY needs a media pass.

Need to keep the kf.c showgirl pictorial current.