• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Bezos foundation gives $5 million to TCU to expand study of early childhood education

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Bezos foundation gives $5 million to TCU to expand study of early childhood education

BY ISAAC WINDES

Texas Christian University is expanding its influence in the field of early childhood education with a new endowed chair funded with a gift from the Bezos Family Foundation.

The inaugural chair will be Jan Lacina, a professor who focuses on early childhood literacy and the dean of graduate studies at the TCU College of Education. She began her career as an early childhood teacher, and served in numerous roles before coming to TCU including interim dean, early childhood program coordinator and post baccalaureate graduate program coordinator.

Lacina said the funds will allow expanded research on critical issues such as the impact of COVID-19 on families and young children, and refining professional development in order to help teachers support young children.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crossroads-lab/article254232788.html

ftwfrog

I really wish there were some sort of grant that would pay full tuition for students who major in early childhood education. Let’s face it, it is not fiscally responsible to get a degree in education at TCU. (Although it’s not fiscally responsible to get any degree at TCU if you’re paying for it).

I really wish there were some sort of grant that would pay full tuition for students who major in early childhood education. Let’s face it, it is not fiscally responsible to get a degree in education at TCU. (Although it’s not fiscally responsible to get any degree at TCU if you’re paying for it).
I have said this a thousand times...a 21y/o can barely get a $500 limit on Discover but can take a $300,000.00 loan (avg graduate = five yrs) for a School of Ed loan at TCU. (And cannot be discharged via BK.) Makes no sense.

You wanna bubble, you have one.

FinanceFrog

I have said this a thousand times...a 21y/o can barely get a $500 limit on Discover but can take a $300,000.00 loan (avg graduate = five yrs) for a School of Ed loan at TCU. (And cannot be discharged via BK.) Makes no sense.

You wanna bubble, you have one.

bubbles must be able to be popped in order to be a bubble. Student loans for the large part can’t be charged off in bankruptcy so it’s not popping anytime soon.

And he is three years late on the BE4's, cannot make it to orbit and is suing his way to space. Good luck pal. (As much as I defend the guy, when it comes to space scheiss him.)

EM offered NASA four Rapters gratis but NASA/Blue Origin too prideful to accept.

This was celebrating Rapter SN 100. SpaceX now is manufacturing three a week.

RB16-100th-Raptor-build-Hawthorne-072621-SpaceX-2-crop-c.jpg

Last edited:

Paint It Purple

Protect children from harm and evil, feed them well, show them right from wrong, read to them often, expose them to universal ancient truths and wisdom, have them expect discipline when they do wrong, show them grace, help them understand what is greater than themselves, turn them loose, them them go.

Send check to Paintitpurple care of KF.com