• The KillerFrogs

Stolen Golden Retriever / Suburban of Former TCU Soccer Player Near Woodshed

StigFrog

They have a lead on the purp.

Crichton_Leprechaun_Amateur_Sketch.jpg
Maybe it's this guy.
afe598bd-96ee-4ed1-99bb-9468da7a169b-large16x9_Capture.JPG

froginmn

It's a great option for single working adults or families where both people work, so the dog isn't left at home all day by itself, which I think is somewhat cruel.

Totally get your point and not trying to pick a fight, but a ton of people assign human traits to dogs like this. It isn't cruel to leave a dog alone; we don't really have any idea how the dog feels... Obviously dogs get excited to see us when we come home but that doesn't mean they were unhappy that we were gone. Leaving the dog locked in too long so it can't pee outside is a different thing...

My wife is very adamant about not kenneling our dog, but it's known that dogs like the "nesting" feeling that a crate provides, and often seek out tight quarters (under a chair, behind a couch, etc.).

Just saying that dogs don't necessarily feel like we would feel... and for me personally, I'd love to be left alone all day! :)

We have one indoor cat (my wife’s) and three outdoor cats (one for each daughter). The indoor cat just gets a bunch of food in a feeder that dispenses a little more each time she eats and a giant bowl of water. The three outdoor cats are basically a pack of velociraptors. Anything smaller than them that enters their zone of terror gets eaten (or killed for the hell of it). It’s a thing of beauty. The 8 pound female is the alpha and her two sidekicks are both 20+ pound males. Insects, mice, lizards, frogs, birds, coral snakes, rattle snakes, rabbits… you name it, they’ve killed it. I’m not convinced they couldn’t take down a decent sized dog.
Old news, but if you did not see it—“If they were bigger, they probably would consider killing you.” They are the same as a lion, just not big enough to take you down.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/10/31/cat-lion-psychological-traits/74941388/

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

Her car has a tracking device built into it

she should have callled OnStar to tell them her car was being stolen- they can track it even if you aren’t paying the fee

tcumaniac

Her car has a tracking device built into it

she should have callled OnStar to tell them her car was being stolen- they can track it even if you aren’t paying the fee
OnStar was almost instantly disabled by the thief, so obviously knows what he was doing. Hopefully it means he has absolutely no interest in the dog, let it go, and someone finds it.

It's a great option for single working adults or families where both people work, so the dog isn't left at home all day by itself, which I think is somewhat cruel.

We take our dog to daycare at Camp Bow Wow a few times a week.

My wife and I both work (wife gets to work remote about 50% of the time), but it allows us to work a full day without having to worry about our dog being left at home all day. Our chocolate lab absolutely loves playing with other dogs at camp bow wow and it wears her out. Win win.

#[ Finebaum ]whitepeopledo

Mean Purple

I have no clue, but I could see it being a situation where maybe she ran into woodshed to grad a togo order and left her dog in the car with the car still running.

Based on her description of the story, she was at least close enough to see it happen where she ran behind the car in attempt to stop him.
This happens often. Generally, the drive may think it is ok leave the car running and lock the door. So the pup as a/c. Then the driver can use the chevy phone app or another key to get back in,
Unfortunately, the recent chevy models have been a target of scumbag car jackers.
And they don't need the key. They can just break into the hood and disable part of the system, if they have the tech know how. And many do. Even with the onstar system, the drive gets an update that shows unauthorized hood opening. Then unauthorized start. Then the car is gone in seconds.
For her, if she had the keys in the suburban, it was an even easier task for them.

A guy I know had his nice chevy truck stolen from the Anatole. (That has a lot of cars stolen, even in secure areas or when valet service is used. meaning valet workers are likely in on it). He got the onstar notice and ran to where the truck was parked. It was gone. Not only did the onstar notice come 30 minutes after it happened, they also would not shut the vehicle down when he called. They checked and knew the area it was moving via the sat system, but would neither give the location info nor shut it down until they had a police report. It was in Dallas. Cops finally took a report 4.5 hours later.

Mean Purple

People can argue about leaving the dog in the car all they want, but the fact is some piece of [ Finebaum ] stole both a car and a dog.
They need their ass kicked for the car. They need MPs special East Texas education option for the dog napping.
People need to know it is not ok to take from you. People really need to know it is taking their life into their own hands when they take your dog.

Mean Purple

somehow owned 4 labs and never realized they needed to go to day care.

did take them to the dog park a few times and there was a bit of overlap for them where there were two labs in the house, but the only time we even kenneled one of our labs while we were on a trip they ended up with kennel cough

usually paid the next door neighbor to feed them and let them out while we were gone and somehow they survived and seemed happy
Just taking my dog to work these days. He's my emotional support dog or my personal assistant. Haven't really decided yet.

froginmn

People can argue about leaving the dog in the car all they want, but the fact is some piece of [ #2020 ] stole both a car and a dog.
They need their ass kicked for the car. They need MPs special East Texas education option for the dog napping.
People need to know it is not ok to take from you. People really need to know it is taking their life into their own hands when they take your dog.

Need to get a trunk monkey IMO.

Mean Purple

We have one indoor cat (my wife’s) and three outdoor cats (one for each daughter). The indoor cat just gets a bunch of food in a feeder that dispenses a little more each time she eats and a giant bowl of water. The three outdoor cats are basically a pack of velociraptors. Anything smaller than them that enters their zone of terror gets eaten (or killed for the hell of it). It’s a thing of beauty. The 8 pound female is the alpha and her two sidekicks are both 20+ pound males. Insects, mice, lizards, frogs, birds, coral snakes, rattle snakes, rabbits… you name it, they’ve killed it. I’m not convinced they couldn’t take down a decent sized dog.
holy [ Finebaum ]. lamo.

Kinda reminds me of a scotty we once had. Well, he ended up with us as a favor to a moving friend, We were dogless at the time so it worked out. He was old and really did not care about anything. In fact, scotty's in general seem to have the attitude that they could care less if you are in the room or not. I honestly think we could have left 4 days worth of food and water and he would have been smart enough to ration it out.
In fact, we went to the store one day an came home and he looked at us like, "what the scheiss are you doing here?" He bit 2 visitors who tried to pet him. ( I didn't like those people so he got extra treats).

I miss that little guy.