• The KillerFrogs

Saints Infect TCU Athletics?

HFrog1999

Natural infection plus vaccination in some people seems to encourage the production of antibodies with the flexibility to fight off many coronavirus variants. Maybe because infection induced antibodies and vaccine induced antibodies attack the coronavirus at different locations.

tenor.gif

vicarfrog

Went on a trip the weekend before Labor Day with 11 guys. All vaccinated but 1. 5 of us, including me who is vaccinated, got covid. 4 of us including me have recovered. The unvaccinated 1 has been in the hospital with pneumonia but he should get through it. The other 6 who didn’t get covid already had it early and then got the vaccine. That’s our control group. Take it as you will. But it’s clearly not uncommon for a big group of vaccinated people hanging out together to get covid.

That's about what is being reported, out of 10 vaccinated people 6-7 will not be infected and 3-4 will be infected and recover...of those 3-4 a miniscule amount will need to be hospitalized....of the miniscule amount that needs to be a hospitalized, an even smaller amount will be found in the ICU.

So what does this mean? The vaccines are doing a fantastic job of preventing infection and dramatically minimizing severity.

HToady

I thought this thread was going to be about New Orleans taking over our practice fields is the reason we looked so poorly prepared on Saturday

Bob Sugar

That's about what is being reported, out of 10 vaccinated people 6-7 will not be infected and 3-4 will be infected and recover...of those 3-4 a miniscule amount will need to be hospitalized....of the miniscule amount that needs to be a hospitalized, an even smaller amount will be found in the ICU.

So what does this mean? The vaccines are doing a fantastic job of preventing infection and dramatically minimizing severity.
So why is the President saying that the unvaccinated pose harm to the vaccinated?

In other words...

Kaffe: "If Santiago had the vaccine, and the vaccine keeps all but a miniscule amount out of the hospital, then why would he be in danger, why would it be necessary to mandate other Marines to get the vaccine?"

Jessup: "The hospitals are getting full, Santiago may have been in a car wreck.."

Kaffe: "But that's not what you said. You said there was a vaccine mandate because Santiago was in grave danger."

Jessup: "Yes. That's correct, but--"

Kaffe: "You said, "He was in danger". I said, "Grave danger". You said--"

Jessup: "Yes, I recall what--"

Kaffe: "I can have the Court Reporter read back your--"

Jessup: "I know what I said. I don't need it read back to me like I'm a damn--"

Kaffe: "Then why the vaccine mandate? Colonel? Why did you--"

Jessup: "Sometimes men with the vaccine can get really sick."

Kaffe: "No sir. You made it clear just a moment ago that your men with the vaccine have a miniscule chance of getting sick. Your men take the vaccine or they will die. So Santiago shouldn't have been in any danger at all, should he have, Colonel?"

Last edited:

vicarfrog

So why is the President saying that the unvaccinated pose harm to the vaccinated?

In other words...

Kaffe: "If Santiago had the vaccine, and the vaccine keeps all but a miniscule amount out of the hospital, then why would he be in danger, why would it be necessary to tive other Marines the vaccine?"

Jessup: "The hospitals are getting full, Santiago may have been in a car wreck.."

Kaffe: "But that's not what you said. You said there was a vaccine mandate because Santiago was in grave danger."

Jessup: "Yes. That's correct, but--"

Kaffe: "You said, "He was in danger". I said, "Grave danger". You said--"

Jessup: "Yes, I recall what--"

Kaffe: "I can have the Court Reporter read back your--"

Jessup: "I know what I said. I don't need it read back to me like I'm a damn--"

Kaffe: "Then why the vaccine mandate? Colonel? Why did you--"

Jessup: "Sometimes men with the vaccine can get really sick."

Kaffe: "No sir. You made it clear just a moment ago that your men with the vaccine have a miniscule chance of getting sick. Your men take the vaccine or they will die. So Santiago shouldn't have been in any danger at all, should he have, Colonel?"

Great movie!

Agree with you 100%, I just don't understand the inner workings of his mindset.

If you are vaccinated or have survived a previous infection, than go live your life in a world that can be never be 100% safe. Heck, if you're not vaccinated, go live your life if you're comfortable taking that risk. I, personally, was not comfortable and that's why I got vaccinated, but no judgey-judge either way. You're not going to get a high five from me either way if you are or not vaccinated.

Last edited:

TRF51

Went on a trip the weekend before Labor Day with 11 guys. All vaccinated but 1. 5 of us, including me who is vaccinated, got covid. 4 of us including me have recovered. The unvaccinated 1 has been in the hospital with pneumonia but he should get through it. The other 6 who didn’t get covid already had it early and then got the vaccine. That’s our control group. Take it as you will. But it’s clearly not uncommon for a big group of vaccinated people hanging out together to get covid.

Hope your friend gets better soon and gets to go home.

HFrog12

Hope your friend gets better soon and gets to go home.

Thanks. He just came home today after 4 days. I was texting him the whole time and he was in good spirits. He did have to bring an oxygen tank home with him to help his levels letting the pneumonia run its course. Call it coincidence but I do find it interesting that the only unvaccinated was in the worst shape. All of us are healthy and in our early 30s. The other interesting thing was all the guys who have already had covid didn’t get it. All the guys that didn’t get covid on the trip were also vaccinated. So call it double protected I guess.

vicarfrog

Thanks. He just came home today after 4 days. I was texting him the whole time and he was in good spirits. He did have to bring an oxygen tank home with him to help his levels letting the pneumonia run its course. Call it coincidence but I do find it interesting that the only unvaccinated was in the worst shape. All of us are healthy and in our early 30s. The other interesting thing was all the guys who have already had covid didn’t get it. All the guys that didn’t get covid on the trip were also vaccinated. So call it double protected I guess.

So glad to hear that about your friend! All of this is slowly starting to trickle out, but it does sound like people have had a prior infection and are vaccinated are like super soldiers against the 'rona.