• The KillerFrogs

What we get with UH

ticketfrog123

Once again, you move the goal posts. You asked about the "official attendance" and that figure couldn't be much over 35,000. I gave you the "offical attendance" and it was over 38,000. You were wrong...it is that hard for you to admit?

move the goalposts? Is there an unofficial real number since the officials are obviously always inflated as tickets sold and not people in stands

PurplFrawg

Administrator
move the goalposts? Is there an unofficial real number since the officials are obviously always inflated as tickets sold and not people in stands

You just made my point. Everyone knows that the "official attendance" is tickets sold, NOT butts in seats. Your original post did not say butts in seats, it said "official attendance." Now you are waffling and trying to change the metric, which is the same as moving the goalposts. You were wrong...just admit it.

Endless Purple

So they say. Have you seen the contract yet? Neither have I.

We're beggars. Beggars made by our hunger for money, and the only people willing to toss money our way command what we do and when we do it. We have no say whatsoever in our destiny.

ESPN likes beggars. They're easier to please.

At the end of they day, ESPN could care less about your preference, or mine. They care even less about my opinion, which is on the same level of their concern as yours. The fact that I find UH a miserable commuter school in the worst part of a lousy town is irrelevant. The fact that you somehow think they are a panacea is also wholly irrelevant. What I absolutely object to is being subject to the whims of an organization I despise with every fiber of my being, and that is the position we have been put in by OUT and the "leadership" of the BIGXII.

They won't be giving us a contract with UH and then one with Rice for us to compare values in the two schools. I have looked at TV ratings and UH is much much higher than Rice.

Yes ESPN does not care about our thoughts. Neither does FOX or CBS since they are also in the media discussion. You are welcome to hate on UH all you like, but posting your opinion as fact is just trying to mislead people. Simple fact UH has higher TV ratings than Rice. UH has higher TV ratings than most of the expansion options.

BABYFACE

Houston's football stadium was formally the Jeppesen High School Stadium. I played

high school
football there in the 1950s. It was built in 1941 and seats 32,000. It has

been updated to some degree. The stadium is near the campus which is located in

Houston's notorious Third Ward. An area widely associated with having the city's

highest rate of crime. Attending night games there could prove somewhat precarious.
Updated to some degree? Horse hockey

McFroggin

It is actually pretty decent. Much nicer digs than Ponyville. Big club on the inside.

I get the impression that most posters haven’t been on the UH campus in the last decade. Lot has changed, especially facilities. I am not a UH guy, just pointing that some here are operating with old info.

Nicer than Rice’s stadium as well. UH surprising mishandles inventory though. Each time I’ve gone, they have run out of multiple items, and the stadium isn’t even max capacity. With a really good hospitality undergrad program and Tillman, that shouldn’t happen.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I have looked at TV ratings and UH is much much higher than Rice.

Well! Good for you! I'd be shocked if it were otherwise. This, however, does not change the fact that UH is a roadside commuter school with no real identity amongst it's students or alumni.

Yes ESPN does not care about our thoughts. Neither does FOX or CBS since they are also in the media discussion. You are welcome to hate on UH all you like, but posting your opinion as fact is just trying to mislead people. Simple fact UH has higher TV ratings than Rice. UH has higher TV ratings than most of the expansion options.

"Mislead people"?!? Are you trying to imply that there are those who take my opinion seriously? I don't give a ripe crap about UH's TV ratings. They go up, they go down. Doesn't change the fact that they're a roadside commuter school that ESPN has commanded us to receive with adulation on pain of bankruptcy.

Has it occurred to you that merely lifting any program out of the mud, cleaning them up and presenting them as some Major College Football Program and sticking them on TV will eventually result in better ratings for that program? There's a little My Fair Lady in there, but the point remains.

Rejoice! Be of good cheer! You got your way, and the roadside commuter school is now a By-Ghod P-5 Member, with a rich history of football prowess...

Dtx_Frog_Fan

Was born and raised in “Houston”. My father wouldn’t allow me to take my drivers test until I was able to be dropped off on La Branch at 4pm and be able to get home without calling. Am there for work far more than I’d prefer. I don’t need a tour guide.

That said…I hate driving Dallas, North Tarrant, LA, NYC, NJ jug handles, Austin, Atlanta, and Midland/Odessa a couple of years ago.

atlanta during the 2008-09 recession was way worse than anything I’ve seen in Texas, even houston at peak pre-pandemic prosperity.

BABYFACE

Nicer than Rice’s stadium as well. UH surprising mishandles inventory though. Each time I’ve gone, they have run out of multiple items, and the stadium isn’t even max capacity. With a really good hospitality undergrad program and Tillman, that shouldn’t happen.
Agree!

Eight

always have found the food quality and portion sizes at his restaurants lacking. now if the pappas' family was in charge that would be a different matter

Endless Purple

always have found the food quality and portion sizes at his restaurants lacking. now if the pappas' family was in charge that would be a different matter
What? He is just looking out for the health of the nation with the large number of overweight people we have in this country. A patriot I say.......

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I get the impression that most posters haven’t been on the UH campus in the last decade. Lot has changed, especially facilities. I am not a UH guy, just pointing that some here are operating with old info.

I may well owe you, and Endless, a humble apology.

I have spent the last week cleaning out my Folks old place (Mom has moved to an "Independent Living" facility, which seems to be stuffed with friends of hers. She is tickled silly at having Bridge games at all hours, good grub, and karaoke!) down in Pearland. I was surprised by the sheer number of UH stickers, yard signs, and other paraphernalia as I drove around and ran various errands. Evidently there is a good deal of support after all.

Gentlemen, I beg your pardons.

BABYFACE

I have spent the last week cleaning out my Folks old place (Mom has moved to an "Independent Living" facility, which seems to be stuffed with friends of hers. She is tickled silly at having Bridge games at all hours, good grub, and karaoke!) down in Pearland. I was surprised by the sheer number of UH stickers, yard signs, and other paraphernalia as I drove around and ran various errands. Evidently there is a good deal of support after all.

You good. This is place of debate and discussion. It would be stale around here if it wasn’t.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

scheiss Houston.