• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Cal

FrogCoach84

Obviously I’m always rooting for TCU and want us to win and I get excited when we score.

at the same time part of me is a little disappointed. I feel like there might be some value in getting blown out by an average P12 team and even in having a losing season, because it forces Gary to actually evaluate his team, coaches, etc. I can easily see us limping to 7-5 with a bowl win and Gary thinks “good enough” and nothing will change or improve.
Nothing will make him evaluate his coaches.

Froggy Style

Obviously I’m always rooting for TCU and want us to win and I get excited when we score.

at the same time part of me is a little disappointed. I feel like there might be some value in getting blown out by an average P12 team and even in having a losing season, because it forces Gary to actually evaluate his team, coaches, etc. I can easily see us limping to 7-5 with a bowl win and Gary thinks “good enough” and nothing will change or improve.
Uh, we have been limpling with NFL talent for 4 years and we just double down with more guys who suck and are a non-threat to gary in his retirement years. There is no re-evaluating going on in the offseason...only guitar practice.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
can he do any more damage than what we saw for the first 20 minutes or so of that half?
(In my fantasy world...) "You. You're fired. Have your crap packed up in a box and be out of the building by 5." Turning to another, "You. You're fired..."

Brog

This sounds like fan talk, but we need a game like this to work the kinks out and wake the team up. If we squeak this win out…this is a check the box Saturday and may be the team will wake up and be ready next week

"We" may need a game like this, but sitting here in the sunshine with disgruntled fans all around me, I sure don't need a game like this.

Volare

except that has happened the last 3 years and nothing has happened

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I truly wonder. Does GMFP have full-on R. Lee Ermey tirades on coaches? Because Doug Meachem sure as hell needs one.