• The KillerFrogs

Big Ten Admitted Incorrect Call In Minnesota vs. Ohio State

texas_sicilian

The deference given to big blue bloods is just jaw dropping at times. It's as if the refs are more worried about the backlash they'd receive from a large media supported fan base than just making the right call.

Eight

didn't watch the game so i am purely going by the article, but if the play is overturned minnesota would have had the ball at the ohio state ~25 with just under 4 minutes in the game trailing by 14?

Wexahu

Surprised Wex hasn’t chimed in yet.

What am I supposed to say? I watched a good chunk of the game. Calls were missed on both sides. The refs called a bogus roughing the passer on OSU that resulted in a 15-yard Minny gain and a long INT being called back on a key drive for Minny. Jake on here mentioned how bad that call was, and how key it was in keeping Minny in the game. My position is refs miss calls occasionally. Sometimes big, important calls. It happens, they are human. I don't think there is a conspiracy with refs involved. People see what they want to see. I've NEVER heard TCU fans say, wow, the refs were on our side this game. Never. And do you honestly think we've never been the beneficiary of some questionable calls that helped determine outcomes of games? Really?

Would everyone be happier or would their opinion change if the conference didn't admit a mistake? The answer to that is no. So the fact that they did is irrelevant.

jake102

What am I supposed to say? I watched a good chunk of the game. Calls were missed on both sides. The refs called a bogus roughing the passer on OSU that resulted in a 15-yard Minny gain and a long INT being called back on a key drive for Minny. Jake on here mentioned how bad that call was, and how key it was in keeping Minny in the game. My position is refs miss calls occasionally. Sometimes big, important calls. It happens, they are human. I don't think there is a conspiracy with refs involved. People see what they want to see. I've NEVER heard TCU fans say, wow, the refs were on our side this game. Never. And do you honestly think we've never been the beneficiary of some questionable calls that helped determine outcomes of games? Really?

Would everyone be happier or would their opinion change if the conference didn't admit a mistake? The answer to that is no. So the fact that they did is irrelevant.

I've totally said that TCU has gotten better calls in games before. Just saying.

Yeah they totally missed the Ohio State targeting, it was a bad call. But it didn't matter. And to be fair, the roughing passer call may have technically been correct, just super ticky tack. Kind of like being able to call holding on every play. The targeting mistake was certainly more egregious, although significantly less impactful. The roughing passer call changed the game... would have basically been over at halftime if that call isn't made (IIRC)

Jared7

I've totally said that TCU has gotten better calls in games before. Just saying.

Yeah they totally missed the Ohio State targeting, it was a bad call. But it didn't matter. And to be fair, the roughing passer call may have technically been correct, just super ticky tack. Kind of like being able to call holding on every play. The targeting mistake was certainly more egregious, although significantly less impactful. The roughing passer call changed the game... would have basically been over at halftime if that call isn't made (IIRC)
Yeah, in the 51-50 2005 game against BYU, we got a very favorable call from the refs when our player crossed the goal line and fumbled (simultaneously). If we get a questionable call, I'll usually admit it. Most fans are homers but not THAT homerish.

Eight

Ohio State fans are that homerish.

hmmmm...now i see your point​

usa_today_10391361.0.jpg

200w.gif