• The KillerFrogs

Brian Estridge's B12 expansion candidates

Wexahu

Did the city of Houston show up BIG for the game against a P5 Big12 game ... or not?

Tech isn’t really a huge draw, especially this year when they were picked 9th in the league. Maybe they will be better than that.

When they played a couple years ago at the UH stadium, I remember the crowd being pretty good. As good as most of our games to be honest.

How does Memphis draw when they play a lower tier P5 at “home” in the 50,000 seat Liberty Bowl? If Colorado State played Oregon State in the Broncos stadium in Denver, how many people would go?

Eight

Tech isn’t really a huge draw, especially this year when they were picked 9th in the league. Maybe they will be better than that.

When they played a couple years ago at the UH stadium, I remember the crowd being pretty good. As good as most of our games to be honest.

How does Memphis draw when they play a lower tier P5 at “home” in the 50,000 seat Liberty Bowl? If Colorado State played Oregon State in the Broncos stadium in Denver, how many people would go?

game between tech and uh a few years back at houston drew 36k+ for an afternoon game. this game drew over 43k+ with ads being run in multiple locations for this game

Eight

Except for one that occurs during the state fair.

yes, the hope of a giant asteroid makes the anticipation worthwhile to some of us​

Asteroid-Strike-Animation.gif

Wexahu

game between tech and uh a few years back at houston drew 36k+ for an afternoon game. this game drew over 43k+ with ads being run in multiple locations for this game

Could be wrong, but I would venture a guess that this game had far more no-shows.

Actual butts in seats is so different than announced attendance that it is comical at times. I just remember watching that game 2-3 years ago and thinking it was a pretty good atmosphere for a college game. Saturday? Not so much. Maybe it was just because the stadium was 3X larger than necessary, but I highly doubt 43k+ fans were actually there.

Wexahu

Explaining why U of Houston sucks and shouldn't be part of the Big 12 seems to be a lot easier than explaining who should be the 4th team other than UCF, Cincy, and BYU.....and why. I would guess I could make some of these same arguments against that program and they'd be as strong if not stronger.

SMU?
Colorado St.?
USF?
Memphis?

Who?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Nevada. Boise. New Mexico. USF.

Program strength is subjective at best. USF, if you'll remember, was a start-up program that was immediately included in the BCS within a year or so of them playing organized football. That inclusion sort-of negates just about any rationale for inclusion except expediency.

Nobody really gives a crap one way or another about the above listed programs. UH, OTOH, is hated by quite a few for reasons both earlier specified and not. I'd honestly rather have Rice.

McFroggin

Explaining why U of Houston sucks and shouldn't be part of the Big 12 seems to be a lot easier than explaining who should be the 4th team other than UCF, Cincy, and BYU.....and why. I would guess I could make some of these same arguments against that program and they'd be as strong if not stronger.

SMU?
Colorado St.?
USF?
Memphis?

Who?

What is the argument for 12 over 10? Teams 11 and 12 either increase average revenue per team in the league or decrease it. I’m not seeing any 2 teams that increase it. We should stick with 10

Wexahu

What is the argument for 12 over 10? Teams 11 and 12 either increase average revenue per team in the league or decrease it. I’m not seeing any 2 teams that increase it. We should stick with 10

I would be fine with that. I do seem to be one of the few on here who thinks a 10-team league with a round robin format is the best. Heard for years how not going to 12 or more was a huge mistake. Don’t necessarily agree, but those who say that I am asking them, who is the 4th team to add?

Pharm Frog

I think there’s a belief a couple of the 8 may be getting into position to bolt.

hiphopfroggy

SMU?
Colorado St.?
USF?
Memphis?

Who?

Rice, Tulane, San Diego St, Hawaii all much, much better than UH.