• The KillerFrogs

Game day: TCU vs Duquesne - Sept 4, 2021

LVH

At least we weren’t ding donging around like against Arkansas Pine Bluff in 2019.

The UAPB game was an utter embarrassment because we actually tried in that game.

This game I didn't watch but based on the highlights it looks like we ran a base offense all game and didn't really try.

PurpleBlood87

I’m okay with it. We played a lesser opponent and beat their ass. More than I can say about OU, Iowa st, etc.

If we didn’t have any injuries let’s punish scheiss Cal next week and let the paramedics sort them out.

At least OU played Tulane which was 6-6 last season.

Virginia Frog

i really doubt this team can put up 40 against cal next week
They're not doing so well at home vs. Nevada-Reno tonight, mid 3rdQ, down 22-14.

I want them to W tonight. Don't want them all buthurt and angry next Sat afternoon. With a W they'll think they are good. TCU can them slam them after they beat their chests.

Pharm Frog

None of this matters. But my one real takeaway from the game - Can coaches just agree to anything at halftime? 20 minute quarters? No substitutions? No throwing to TE's or RB's? TD's worth 9 points?

According to Landry, they can’t agree to a running clock. Said both KU and TCU got reprimanded for that by “the league”. Not sure if that meant the Big12 or NCAA but if it was the Big12 I don’t see how it would apply to this game.

We’re really, really thin in our depth,” Duquesne coach Jerry Schmitt said. “I was personally concerned because at our level, our backup guys are walk-on Division III-type players. To put some of them in to protect some of the skill guys... I appreciate Gary doing that.”

Froggish

Super generic tonight but you could tell that we wanted to work on establishing an X opposite QJ. I though Max was generally pretty crisp although he missed a few deep ball throws and the bad ball for a pick. In the run game I liked that we mixed in a little more pistol wide zone. Kendre is more effected with WZ while Zach is a smart inside zone guy. This offense showed a higher ceiling than it has in a long time. They’ll need to show they can make hitches, slants, and digs an efficient and automatic way of moving the chains. When teams inevitably load up on the IZ Read game we are going to have to be able to hurt them with those 6-8 yard routs. I think Savion showed he can be that guy on the other side.

Pharm Frog

Super generic tonight but you could tell that we wanted to work on establishing an X opposite QJ. I though Max was generally pretty crisp although he missed a few deep ball throws and the bad ball for a pick. In the run game I liked that we mixed in a little more pistol wide zone. Kendre is more effected with WZ while Zach is a smart inside zone guy. This offense showed a higher ceiling than it has in a long time. They’ll need to show they can make hitches, slants, and digs an efficient and automatic way of moving the chains. When teams inevitably load up on the IZ Read game we are going to have to be able to hurt them with those 6-8 yard routs. I think Savion showed he can be that guy on the other side.

I didn’t think we established much of anything on the mid-range routes. Not because we didn’t try but because the D never pressed or challenged those routes at all. Everything was a gimme.

ticketfrog123

They're not doing so well at home vs. Nevada-Reno tonight, mid 3rdQ, down 22-14.

I want them to W tonight. Don't want them all buthurt and angry next Sat afternoon. With a W they'll think they are good. TCU can them slam them after they beat their chests.

should try watching the game. Nevada has 3 WR on the biletnikoff watch list and a very good QB who was MW offensive player of year.

arguably a more fluid and better offense than what we have in terms of executing plays

no stupid end arounds or bubble screens either

ticketfrog123

Well watching Cal I doubt they’ll need to put 40 on the board to win but I’m sure you’ll still find a reason to [ hundin] as you are a miserable [ "illegitimate Baylor boy" ]

you seem to be a touch overconfident after we beat up on the Pittsburgh school for deaf and blind