• The KillerFrogs

Week 1 Games to Watch

Guess nobody is watching. Minnesota looks like they have a decent chance of winning this
I've been switching back and forth. I assume if OSU loses, it will be chalked up to a body clock malfunction since Ohio is in the Eastern Time Zone and Minnesota is in the Central or some such and it will be like it never happened come November. But I'm all for some early chaos so go Gophers.

Wexahu

Guess nobody is watching. Minnesota looks like they have a decent chance of winning this

Two observations. One, it’s fun to see OSU play with an inexperienced or otherwise not great QB for once. Should’ve happened two years ago as well. And two, Minnesota’s really good RB has 22 carries midway through the 3rd. Somehow he doesn’t look tired. TCU coaches, please take notice.

jake102

Two observations. One, it’s fun to see OSU play with an inexperienced or otherwise not great QB for once. Should’ve happened two years ago as well. And two, Minnesota’s really good RB has 22 carries midway through the 3rd. Somehow he doesn’t look tired. TCU coaches, please take notice.

Agreed on both counts. Stroud looks awful and Minn understands RBs

I will say that the rougher passer penalty was nonsense and completely changed the game

also - Minnesota has multiple guys on their 5th or 6th year, including QB. Good roster management

Wexahu

I will say that the rougher passer penalty was nonsense and completely changed the game

also - Minnesota has multiple guys on their 5th or 6th year, including QB. Good roster management

Yes, that was a ridiculous call for sure. He was high but he didn’t hit him with any force at all. I hate those calls.

bc puckett

Well Obama is the ref so I would expect a few more questionable calls from him and his crew the rest of the way

Chongo94

Always amazed at how so many good qb recruits will plant themselves behind 6 others at a school like UT or OU or Bama when they could immediately go get playing time at a school like Minnesota that is in dire need of a qb and where a qb would make a good team a great team.

Wexahu

Always amazed at how so many good qb recruits will plant themselves behind 6 others at a school like UT or OU or Bama when they could immediately go get playing time at a school like Minnesota that is in dire need of a qb and where a qb would make a good team a great team.

I get it, but it’s also so much easier to look like a good QB when you have 6 or 7 NFL players lining up next to you.

Honestly not sure Minnesota would be a great team even with a good QB. This one they have isn’t terrible, he just has one decent WR to throw to.