• The KillerFrogs

Thanks for Letting the Troll Destroy This Board

OmniscienceFrog

The board moderators never address this issue when it comes up. They allow it because they think it drives traffic and views. Which I guess is good for business?

I’ve been reading and occasionally posting on this site since 1998 and I think I’m finally done. Too much crap to sift through.

Does the 247 site have this problem?
Yes, but so does every site.

vicarfrog

With 5 days before the season starts, I don’t know how anyone wants to visit KF.c when 1/2 the threads are crap.

Disappointed to say the least!

Forgive me Scott and Wes. I guess I just added to the crap. It may be time to step away for a while.

I'm really sorry, I didn't know the stuff I posted was THAT bad.

Obvious Troll

Non-union scab trolls always add pooper to their name. It's a telltale sign.

The days when we could meet train guy at the frog fountain and settle this are in our rearview mirror. I saw some folks wearing black jackets to a game and our color coordination is Pac12 level at best. Who even understands the penis cookie bit anymore? Why isn't anyone suggesting SMU join the Big12 and bring back free firebird days? And Steele's pole? That's a big nope. It's like yer a bunch of Westside fans that never show up at gametime when it's time to take out the trolls (Can't believe I wrote that). We've created a society with not nearly enough grindering. We need more grindering. Or the willingness to use our student ID four years after graduation to sneak into student seating. Where's that bodacious dude that used to run this forum and his scawny sidekick? They would have known exactly what to post. Man, I miss those guys....

steelfrog

Tier 1
I think message boards are going the way of the buffalo. take a look - there’s hardly any new grads or current students here. I think younger people would prefer to just use Twitter or other social media.
The Buffalo have made somewheat of a comeback. In 1910 we had them down to about 1,000 in our attempt to deny the red men their food supply. Back up to about 500,000 now. Some of those are beefalo halfbreeds for eating Wichita mountains have about 800 and you can routinely see them there, way better than Yellowstone

DeuceBoogieNights

I think message boards are going the way of the buffalo. take a look - there’s hardly any new grads or current students here. I think younger people would prefer to just use Twitter or other social media.

Message boards like this were the original social media. It was one of the few places you could talk with other people about like minded topics. Now you can do the same thing on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, etc... Message boards have definitely taken a hit over the last 15 years or so.

Zubaz

Message boards like this were the original social media. It was one of the few places you could talk with other people about like minded topics. Now you can do the same thing on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, etc... Message boards have definitely taken a hit over the last 15 years or so.
Some of you folks never had to suffer through Usenet and / or the Prodigy Bulletin Boards.

DeuceBoogieNights

Some of you folks never had to suffer through Usenet and / or the Prodigy Bulletin Boards.

I remember my first experience with college football on the internet was an AOL chat room for the National Championship in 1999. Weird I remember it, but I grew up a Florida State fan, and I thought it was cool that you could talk to other fans about the game.

ticketfrog123

Reddit CFB sucks (clueless people about) and SEC rant is a nightmare

not many places to go on Twitter really

ticketfrog123

Some boards have rating systems that allow people to give negative or positive ratings to a post. If you get too many negatives, you get banned for a period of time or forever.

Can we add this feature to KFC? I know surly and a few others have that

I don’t think the mods should have to waste their time debating over who to ban, how to do it (IP) or for how long

the rep system lets the common folk own those decisions to an extent and self moderate low level issues

Eight

I just put purplepooper on Ignore. The board is much better now.

tumblr_ovscnmAMZx1s9a9yjo1_500.gif