• The KillerFrogs

Recording ESPN+

bronco

I have Direct TV with a DVR. I would assume if I subscribe to ESPN+ I would receive that thru my Firestick. Is there a way to record games or does ESPN+ keep them and you just have to search for it like watching Band of Brothers for 34th time?

HFrog1999

I have Direct TV with a DVR. I would assume if I subscribe to ESPN+ I would receive that thru my Firestick. Is there a way to record games or does ESPN+ keep them and you just have to search for it like watching Band of Brothers for 34th time?

There’s not a way to record it that I know of. Right now a search for previous TCU games brings up the Alamo Bowl and some Women’s soccer games

tcumaniac

Per the ESPN + website:
Currently, ESPN+ does not come with any kind of DVR. However, it doesn’t need one. All of the content that the channel airs will be available on-demand after it has aired. This means you can always watch any sporting event or show that airs on ESPN+, and you don’t even need to remember to record it to your cloud DVR.

HFrog12

Per the ESPN + website:
Currently, ESPN+ does not come with any kind of DVR. However, it doesn’t need one. All of the content that the channel airs will be available on-demand after it has aired. This means you can always watch any sporting event or show that airs on ESPN+, and you don’t even need to remember to record it to your cloud DVR.

The only frustrating thing about this is that I am pretty sure it goes on-demand a full 48 hrs after it airs. Maybe 24 hrs. I just remember watching a night game on ESPN+ and then wanting to watch again on Sunday and it wasn't available yet.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
ESPN+ often re-airs/has available afterwards. However, the originally proposed thing is actually doable. You will need to be near your computer around game time, or have someone available for you.

1. Obtain ESPN+
2. Obtain screen recording software (I will update with the one I use when I get home and look)
3. Get to full screen "waiting for event to start" screen on ESPN+
4. Start recording. Game will start automatically on E+.
5. Stop after game finished.

Someone more clever than I could automate this function. Screen recording software may be automatable as well.

Also, everything I just described is probably illegal so don't do it

Froggish

I believe ESPN+ has an archive feature that you can search but as Lisa mentioned, it can't be recorded live unless you want to pull out your old VCR tapes.

What Up Toad

ESPN+ often re-airs/has available afterwards. However, the originally proposed thing is actually doable. You will need to be near your computer around game time, or have someone available for you.

1. Obtain ESPN+
2. Obtain screen recording software (I will update with the one I use when I get home and look)
3. Get to full screen "waiting for event to start" screen on ESPN+
4. Start recording. Game will start automatically on E+.
5. Stop after game finished.

Someone more clever than I could automate this function. Screen recording software may be automatable as well.

Also, everything I just described is probably illegal so don't do it

I wouldn't think it'd be illegal to do so for your own enjoyment.

OBS is a free screen recording tool that works well.