• The KillerFrogs

FWST: What schools should the Big 12 target in expansion? Here’s an idea (or two)

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Froglaw

It would be fun to add BYU, Boise, UCF, and Cincinnati for 2022 and make OU and ut go on the Road to play them for the next Four years. No home games against the new members. All sports.

Suck every dollar out of the Land Thieves and Cows' programs. Treat them like the whores they are.

Longhorn from Aledo

It would be fun to add BYU, Boise, UCF, and Cincinnati for 2022 and make OU and ut go on the Road to play them for the next Four years. No home games against the new members. All sports.

Suck every dollar out of the Land Thieves and Cows' programs. Treat them like the whores they are.

Texas is going to pay the buyout this year. The money not being used for LHN thru 2035 will be used to pay the buyout for Texas and OU.

Limey Frog

Texas is going to pay the buyout this year. The money not being used for LHN thru 2035 will be used to pay the buyout for Texas and OU.

I'm sure you're right about this, which is why the Leftover 8 need to get moving now. I hope the OU-Texas backstabbers will make their move clear and official ASAP so that we can all move on, but that would be out of character for them to be considerate and decent.

Longhorn from Aledo

It's a game of chicken at this point. The longer the B12 can hold out at 8 teams, the higher the likelihood of a payout. What's going on behind the scenes? There is going to be a fissure in cfb. The Disney schools vs the Fox schools. The pac is technically still tied to ESPN so their behavior is puzzling but those moon pies never surprise me.

I'll state this again. The money to be made using the pod format is going to be the catalyst to get to 4 16 team conferences. Four 16 team conferences allows for a nice and clean 16 team playoff. It's the liberal academics that are the problem.

Eight

It's a game of chicken at this point. The longer the B12 can hold out at 8 teams, the higher the likelihood of a payout. What's going on behind the scenes? There is going to be a fissure in cfb. The Disney schools vs the Fox schools. The pac is technically still tied to ESPN so their behavior is puzzling but those moon pies never surprise me.

I'll state this again. The money to be made using the pod format is going to be the catalyst to get to 4 16 team conferences. Four 16 team conferences allows for a nice and clean 16 team playoff. It's the liberal academics that are the problem.

actually it is the money grubbing underachieving whores that are the problems so texas actually should be right at home in the sec

StealthFrog

I'm fine with BYU to an extent, but we all know they are going to demand certain exceptions:

No play on Sunday
Keep BYU TV
Generally thinking they are more important than they are.

Let's not forget they had their hand in destroying two conferences in the past. Offer them an invite with no exceptions and no access to GOR money the remaining 8 will be receiving from OUT.

The good news is that TCU has been in a conference with them before, so we know what kind of issues to expect and can eliminate them from the beginning.

Prime BEEF

Add Boise St and BYU football only and call it a day

if WVU gets pulled into the ACC (which I highly doubt happens) then and only then think about replacing them with Houston. Otherwise just stay at 10 football and 8 non-football

no to Cincy and no to the Florida schools

Planks

No play on Sunday

I could see BYU joining as a football only member and remaining in the west coast conference for other sports. If that’s the case then Sunday isn’t an issue

Keep BYU TV

I don’t know what the future Big 12 TV contracts will be after 2025, but if the structure ends up being similar to the current contract structure, then BYU TV would fit in nicely as the place for BYU’s third tier rights.

Generally thinking they are more important than they are.

Let's not forget they had their hand in destroying two conferences in the past. Offer them an invite with no exceptions and no access to GOR money the remaining 8 will be receiving from OUT.

If there is a GOR then I think BYU’s opinion of themselves is pretty irrelevant.

Last edited:

Horned Toad

I think you add BYU, Boise, Cincy, and USF to broaden the market, make entry into the territories of the Alliance and SEC, and create some compelling football and basketball matchups. That gets us to 12 with a decent market share and some stability. And no football only members. You’re all in or all out.

Eight

Add Boise St and BYU football only and call it a day

if WVU gets pulled into the ACC (which I highly doubt happens) then and only then think about replacing them with Houston. Otherwise just stay at 10 football and 8 non-football

no to Cincy and no to the Florida schools

no football only schools.

the only reason why acc does this with nd is the hope the irish eventually become a full member. sorry, but no to football only options, no to boise for a number of reasons, and scheiss no to byu for the obvious ones

Planks

I don't understand the desire to go coast to almost coast. UCF to BYU (or Boise in some articles) is just too far.

I think the idea is that in order to stay as relevant as possible, the Big 12 needs to focus solely on creating a conference that is the most attractive as possible from a football TV contract standpoint, regardless of anything else. Don’t worry about geography, academics, culture, religion, etc. Those are concerns for the four most powerful conferences (SEC, BIG, ACC, Pac12). The Big 12 has no such luxury worrying about those things.

If UCF and BYU are the most attractive to the TV networks, then that is who you add. If you need to add schools as football only members in order to make it work, then that is what you do.

Last edited: