• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Dave Wannstedt reveals realignment rumors

Eight

WSU is a land grant. So quite a bit, but a lot of ag for sure.

this, considering what is the prime drivers in the economy east of the king county and the pass, wazzu is involved in significant research in various areas of agriculture, forestry, and land management

Eight

The alliance is a dog and pony show to marginalize the SEC. The one thing I learned from the alliance is that the situation is very fluid otherwise they would have had contracts. No contracts equal block the SEC in any way possible without governing rules that ESPN can exploit. If this wasn't about college sports, it would remind me geographically of a war in the 1860s. Conference realignment is not dead. It will happen but after ESPN/Disney pay the exit for Texas and OU with LHN money. The SEC would swap OSU for Missouri in a heartbeat. Missouri is a weak school, TCU is better as well imo. What will drive expansion? P4 expansion will be driven by the pods used by the SEC with 10 conference games. The other leagues will want to move quickly to this format because it will maximize TV revenue and league excitement. Be patient.

How does the pod format drive revenue and excitement?

1. New/ Renewal of rivalries and experiences on new campuses. Renewal of Texas vs A&M in UT's case.

2. Ten conference games is a huge boost to ratings.

3. A Four team playoff format within a conference can align with bowl games to generate more excitement and revenue.

4. The three alliance conferences are currently determining how to best carve up the B12. They have to work with the networks and try to make this as orderly a process as possible.

go talk sec football with your new sec friends because we don't get a [ Finebaum ]

Eight

Grumpy old man. Go take your Metamucil.

nope, no one gives a [ Finebaum ] about texas and their sec friends, their pods, their schedules etc....

go to one of the dozens of texas websites where they are certain that as soon as texas is free from the weight of the big 12 they will return to the top of the college football world

Purp

nope, no one gives a [ #2020 ] about texas and their sec friends, their pods, their schedules etc....

go to one of the dozens of texas websites where they are certain that as soon as texas is free from the weight of the big 12 they will return to the top of the college football world
The weight of the B12 has been on them b/c most of the conference football teams have had their foots on their throats for most of a decade. The only difference between the B12 and SEC for them competitively will be that there are 6 more teams, which means there will be a lot more bad teams to beat up on. Otherwise, they'll continue to underachieve relative to the top of the SEC food chain.

Eight

It has been pretty consistent with from what I have been hearing from my buddy at Fox Sports who has no Big 12 affiliation

good to hear, i stand by the comment he is a twitter Briles who throws [ Finebaum ] against the wall on a regular basis, but feel free to share where he broke something no one else had or doesn't conflict something he posted a few days prior

Longhorn from Aledo

The weight of the B12 has been on them b/c most of the conference football teams have had their foots on their throats for most of a decade. The only difference between the B12 and SEC for them competitively will be that there are 6 more teams, which means there will be a lot more bad teams to beat up on. Otherwise, they'll continue to underachieve relative to the top of the SEC food chain.

Texas won the Director's Cup last year and that was with Herman (top 16) and Smart (won b12 tournament). The future is bright for Texas athletics.

Eight

Texas won the Director's Cup last year and that was with Herman (top 16) and Smart (won b12 tournament). The future is bright for Texas athletics.

who gives a [ Finebaum ], herman had a losing record to the frogs, and smart was a failure at texas and run out of town.

go over to shaggy if you want to crow about texas athletics

TAINTed frog

Stanford won it 25 years in a row until last year. I don’t recall anyone sucking off Stanford for winning the Director’s Cup…ever. And no one was saying their athletics future (i.e., football bc that’s all that matters) was bright.