• The KillerFrogs

Olympics Thread

Pharm Frog

eastern new mexico

bromell bombed out, the story for the us is fred kerley from taylor switching from the 400m to the 100m and picking up a silver medal

If I was from Eastern New Mexico I’d have learned to run fast too. I think I would have learned to run long distance though. Maybe start between Portales and Clovis through Black Water Draw or from Roswell to Artesia and Hobbs which can look like a scene from a Road Warrior movie.

Pharm Frog

Team USA Baseball went to B9 against Japan up 6-5 but couldn’t close it out and it goes to extras. Probably shouldn’t be walking a batter with a one run lead in the 9th.

Pharm Frog

BM coaching USA. Start T10 with runners on 1st and 2nd. No bunt. K, FC, F and Team USA fails to score. And Japan promptly bunts their runners to 2nd and 3rd.

Eight

talking with our son last night with track and field ramping up he made a very interesting comment about the range katie ledecky has shown over her career in her events.

she might only swim free style, but she has some the 200m, 400m, 800m, and 1500m

talking through it we can't think of any runner who has shown that level of mastery and that level of competition.

heck, we have seen a few 100M runners have a leg on a 4x400M relay and we could recall a miler from kingwood who ran on their 4x400M relay, but can't recall any middle distance runner having the spring speed to compete in the 400M let along the 200M at that level

granted, different sports, but curious the thoughts of the swimmers on this board

other thing was the dominance of the jamaican women sprinters who dominated and weren't pushed except by each other

richardson could have challenged for a medal, but her best is still over a tenth behind the winning time and they have a legitimate shot of breaking the us' world record of 40.82 in the 4x100

fiinally, it seems the governing bodies can't get out of their ways two african female sprinters are flagged for abnormally high testosterone levels so they are banned from running the 400M in the olympics, but they are able to run in the 200M because the testing organization and governing body haven't done enough scientific research to know if elevated testosterone levels are a benefit in short distances

really? bolt's world record in the 100M is nearly a second faster than the women's world record, hell, that 10.61 wouldn't have come close to placing in the boys 6A 100M final and we aren't sure if testosterone is beneficial at short distances and we should trust science?