• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

MAcFroggy

As a non-con game, will it be a September date - it's hot in Oklahoma in Sept. Will they require it to be a 6pm CT or later start.

Or maybe they can work it with the SEC to be a specific weekend in November. When it's @ OU it would be in the SEC TV inventory - a good matchup and a lot of potential eyeballs!

SEC has a ton of late season non-conference games. I imagine they can find a way to fin it into the schedule. GTech-UCA, UK-LVille, Clemson-USC, and UF-FSU are all played late in the season. On top of that the SEC plays a bunch of FCS games late in the season too. Bedlam might not be able to be thanksgiving weekend every year, but I imagine they will find a way to fit it late into the season if OU and OSU both want it that way.

asleep003

SEC has a ton of late season non-conference games. I imagine they can find a way to fin it into the schedule. GTech-UCA, UK-LVille, Clemson-USC, and UF-FSU are all played late in the season. On top of that the SEC plays a bunch of FCS games late in the season too. Bedlam might not be able to be thanksgiving weekend every year, but I imagine they will find a way to fit it late into the season if OU and OSU both want it that way.
Are you sure KY wants to dump their state rival/ Clemson(ACC) isn't going to be asked to dump USC/ Florida isn't going to dump St. rival FSU/ don't think GA Tech(ACC) is not going to be asked to change their schedule by OUT.

mc1502

Won't happen. ALL of the SEC's late season OOC games are against cream puff teams. This is by design to give the teams a break down the stretch, and to bolster their records late in the season when rankings really matter.

Eight

has anyone seen the numbers of how many scholarship players who entered the portal didn't end up anywhere?

frogs had 4 scholarship players who entered the portal in 2021 that i think are still looking for a landing spot if i recall correctly

Frozen Frog

What a bunch of BS!!!

I could see it being a bit of an issue. The early kickoffs aren't a lot of fun for some fans, but those games can generate some ratings. The Pac12 has started doing 9AM games hoping to get some of that early TV money.

The early games make sense for a lot of teams especially those up north. Those early games can be a big deal for some of the schools. I went to a small school in Minnesota and it was a big deal that one school started games at 1:10 as opposed to 1PM. Several Big Ten schools didn't have lights at their stadiums until about 5 years ago. Can anyone name the only FBS school to not have permanent lights? There is some serious droppings from a large farm animal with that statement from OU, but it probably does have some legs.

OU and Texas can claim a lot of stuff with bolting for the SEC. It is just one giant money grab.

Brevity Frog

It’s more than a money grab.

OUT literally [ Finebaum ] on their conference. They [ Finebaum ] on their fellow state universities. They [ Finebaum ] on their state economies. They [ Finebaum ] on their closest friends in the academic world. All behind everyone’s back and in secret.

they are [ Finebaum ] themselves.

Froggish

If there's no PAC invite, the remaining B12 schools would be idiots to give the PAC access to central time zone scheduling. Tell them we merge or "f&%* off" and keep sucking under the worst media contract in college sports. Football is king and Texas has fans that care about football. That's the only power the remaining 8 have left. While its not as powerful in todays streaming eco system, you can have influence by wrecking the PACs biggest weaknesses. B12 would be dumb to help them solve their problems which is their lack of exposure do to bad kickoff times and local football apathy.

Ultimately this has nothing do with what TCU is trying to work out with the PAC for themselves, I just don't want to see the B12 do something stupid until they know without a doubt we have no other options.

Last edited:

Latest posts