• The KillerFrogs

Bills moving to Austin?

4 Oaks Frog

The chance of the Bills moving to Austin are zero…zilch…nada! Jerry Jones will never allow it to happen.
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

froginaustin

The chance of the Bills moving to Austin are zero…zilch…nada! Jerry Jones will never allow it to happen.
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

This must be tongue-in-cheek-- move the Bills to a publicly-funded stadium in Austin.
When Austin's brand new pro soccer franchise was coming to town, the owner found the perfect place for his privately-funded stadium. Butler Point, one of the most scenic places in the City park system, in the park on the south side of Lake Lady Bird (really, that's its official name now) with a beautiful view of downtown.
The [ Finebaum ] storm was instant and overwhelming.
The new soccer stadium was actually built on an old toxic waste site in the industrial part of old north Austin.
Also, the chances of getting public money here to build a $1.1 billion stadium is zero.
The public contribution for Circuit of the Americas wasn't a big percentage of the cost of the whole project, mostly roads and access infrastructure IIRC.
The whole proposal is a joke. The butt of the joke is the taxpayer in the Buffalo area, who can likely be conned into building a billion dollar stadium at public expense.

Eight

This must be tongue-in-cheek-- move the Bills to a publicly-funded stadium in Austin.
When Austin's brand new pro soccer franchise was coming to town, the owner found the perfect place for his privately-funded stadium. Butler Point, one of the most scenic places in the City park system, in the park on the south side of Lake Lady Bird (really, that's its official name now) with a beautiful view of downtown.
The [ #2020 ] storm was instant and overwhelming.
The new soccer stadium was actually built on an old toxic waste site in the industrial part of old north Austin.
Also, the chances of getting public money here to build a $1.1 billion stadium is zero.
The public contribution for Circuit of the Americas wasn't a big percentage of the cost of the whole project, mostly roads and access infrastructure IIRC.
The whole proposal is a joke. The butt of the joke is the taxpayer in the Buffalo area, who can likely be conned into building a billion dollar stadium at public expense.

always wondered where they dumped the left over grease from threadgill's

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I don't think the NFL would allow a team to move inside a 200 mile radius of two other existing teams. But, in this upside-down world, who knows...

The imbecile McNair whelp would probably vote for it.

Armadillo

you sure about that? Everything I’ve heard and read says it was privately financed.

https://communityimpact.com/develop...-major-league-soccer-stadium-in-north-austin/

Yes. I never claimed any of these developments were publicly funded (put on a ballot). I did mention that many of these projects got sweetheart deals in tax breaks to move to Austin or for development.

Living in Austin, most folks don't really care about the COA track. Seemed like a boondoggle Many folks opposed the soccer stadium, but so far every game has been sold out. Shows you what I know. Most Austinites know that something needs to be done for UT basketball.. Again though, the construction has been and will be given sweetheart deals.

Dogfrog

I don't think the NFL would allow a team to move inside a 200 mile radius of two other existing teams. But, in this upside-down world, who knows...

Not sure what the calculus is, or whether population would trump proximity. Though they are within 200 miles of each other DFW / Harris / Austin- SA surrounding counties probably represent 4-5M population each? And growing. Buffalo has a population of about 250k and It’s county, Erie, is around 1M population. I am sure there are other factors however.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Not sure what the calculus is, or whether population would trump proximity. Though they are within 200 miles of each other DFW / Harris / Austin- SA surrounding counties probably represent 4-5M population each? And growing. Buffalo has a population of about 250k and It’s county, Erie, is around 1M population. I am sure there are other factors however.
I really don't have the foggiest about their calculus in admission. I do, however, know they still cling to their silly "blackout" rules which involve distance, as opposed to population or other metrics.

I know the NFL has dallied with the idea of San Antonio/Austin for some time, knowing the density of population and rich veins of football fans throughout. It is Texas, after all... But, the dalliance of any team with San Antonio has been more as a threat to their current home rather than an actual target destination.

Eight

the nfl defines "home terrritory" about i believe 75 miles, but like with the guidelines on relocation we have seen the chargers move within that radius of the rams

we also saw al davis win in court when the nfl tried to block his relocation to los angeles

if the owner of the bills wants to move them there really isn't much the league can actually do based upon history, but when you consider pegula owns others sports teams in bufflalo as a well a large commercial real estate development centered around the sabres.

Wexahu

Buffalo's population was 580,000 in 1950. Arlington has 140,000 more people than Buffalo now.

Pretty incredible.

tcudoc

Potential team names:
Austin Californians
Austin Weirdos
Austin Hippies
Austin Liberals
Austin Traffic
Austin Tollroads
Austin Music
Austin BobSchneiders
Austin Waterloo
Austin Unaffordable Houses
Austin SoCos
Austin Sixths
Austin Homeless
Austin Tents
Austin Panhandlers
Austin Graffiti
Austin El BJs
Austin LadyBirds
Austin Five One Twos
Austin SXSWs
Austin ACLs
Austin Capitols
Austin Mopacs
Austin Stone Colds
Austin Dells
Austin Tesla

vicarfrog

Hey, forget Austin. What about that city named after General William Worth, who led one of the most deadly fight against the Seminole nation in Florida in 1842. Atrocities galore, and finally forced movement of the whole Seminole Indian nation to reservations far, far to the west. Plus his leading of ferocious fights against the Mexican armies in Mexico City and other places. Could there be a city named after him?

Great song!

Highly recommend the book "Empire of the Summer Moon" by S.C. Gwynne

It unashamedly lays out the good, the bad, and the ugly of the westward expansion and American Indians...and makes no excuses for either.

Latest posts