• The KillerFrogs

2021 MLB Thread

funny thing is this is similar to what i heard about spencer howard

not trying to stir things up as much as the trading of prospects reminds me about the line of dating someone's hot ex

Yea I'm not sure anybody will agree on that comparison. Most think Howard has every chance to be a TORP in his career, whereas Crouse may never see significant ML roster time at this point.

Eight

Speaking of the Pirates and trade returns … there’s probably no better example in recent years of how NOT to do prospect trades than the Pirates.

They got so little back in the Gerrit Cole deal … and then gave up the farm for Chris Archer.

you do remember who a key piece of that trade was for archer?

Eight

Yea I'm not sure anybody will agree on that comparison. Most think Howard has every chance to be a TORP in his career, whereas Crouse may never see significant ML roster time at this point.

will have to defer to you on that as i just don't follow minor league prospects much simply because they seem to pan out and a lower rate than football recruits

goodness knows why the astros have stayed so enamored with forest whitely for example

if he can great, there has to be a reason though that philly got rid of him if he is that level of prospect unless their gm is a complete idiot

FBallFan123

https://www.mlb.com/news/top-prospects-traded-at-trade-deadline?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage

Top prospects who moved at the Deadline

8. Josh Smith, SS, Rangers (No. 7)
Acquired from Yankees in Joey Gallo trade
A left-handed-hitting infielder taken in the second round of the 2019 Draft out of Louisiana State, Smith has the chance to hit for average thanks to his advanced approach at the plate and bat speed, with enough raw power and speed to potentially top out as a 20-20 type. He’s a consistent, albeit not flashy, defender who could stay at short, but might end up at second.

9. Ezequiel Duran, 2B/SS, Rangers (No. 8)
Signed for just $10,000 in July 2017, Duran was hitting for both average (.290) and power (.533) in High-A at the time of the trade. The 22-year-old infielder can hit the ball out to all fields and routinely records high exit velocities, though he can get a little overly aggressive at the plate at times. He has 20-20 potential and is probably best suited for second, though some think he can play shortstop as well.

18. Trevor Hauver, 2B, Rangers (No. 18)

21. Glenn Otto, RHP, Rangers (No. 25)