• The KillerFrogs

Yahoo! Sports: AAC attempting to take all eight remaining Big 12 members

Bob Sugar

If the 8 can stay together and add a few solid programs, I still think its a more competitive football conference than the ACC and Pac-12.

I would be fine with taking Cincy, Memphis, UCF and Boise. Question is, would they be able to join as early as 2022?
I think it would be funny if Tech and Baylor struggled to handle the “week in week out grind” of such a conference

asleep003

If the 8 can stay together and add a few solid programs, I still think its a more competitive football conference than the ACC and Pac-12.

I would be fine with taking Cincy, Memphis, UCF and Boise. Question is, would they be able to join as early as 2022?
Boise and their small viewership/32k stadium/worst footprint/and very modest academics ... would be a poor choice. We could easily do better.

Last edited:

Bob Sugar

Boise and their small viewership/32k stadium/worst footprint/and very modest academics ... would be a poor choice. We could do easily better.
I watched several Coastal Carolina games last year, because they had a good/entertaining football team. I don't give a damn about their enrollment, academics, location, etc. BSU has consistently fielded an above average to elite football team the last 15 or so years. I would rather TCU play a team like that than some team that happened to live on campus with a bunch of eggheads that don't support the team anyway.

Eight

I feel like the bloom is off the Boise State rose. They haven't really had a good run since our Peach Bowl season. I am not impressed at all with their most recent coaching hire.

will be very, very interesting to see how harsin does at auburn.

they put up good records in 18 and 19, but got absolutely smoked by byu and uw

first time boise went with a defensive coach over offensive as the head coach.

LVH

They went 10-3 in 2018 and 12-2 in 2019 and finished in the top 25 both seasons.

The problem is they underachieved expectations in both of those years. Those records might be fine for a team like Utah State but Boise has higher expectations then that.

flyfishingfrog

Boise and their small viewership/32k stadium/worst footprint/and very modest academics ... would be a poor choice. We could easily do better.
the whole state of Idaho supports Boise St - not that it is a highly populated state by any means, about 1.8 million - but Boise St has more "fans" than we do by a long shot.

Their stadium is mid-tier at best for sure other than the river side location.

Academics are the single dumbest measure for conference mates I have ever heard.

The PAC is struggling because they think it is so important and the B1G invited the worst team in P5 because of it - who cares unless you are planning on getting your degree.

And overall - they have one of the single best travel locations of all the possibilities - Idaho and Boise in particular are great parts of the country.

HFrog1999

Dammit. I hope Donati reads more carefully than i do. I read it as ACC, and ran to get a pen to sign on the dotted line.

tumblr_oz4vg3Ttt41rrb0e7o2_400.gifv

Ray Finkle

This would be like graduating Fort Worth Country Day as Valedictorian and then going to Tarrant County Community College and acting like you are surrounded by your peers.