• The KillerFrogs

OT: Best pizza in FW?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I know I'm in the minority, but I was totally underwhelmed by Home Slice. But my god do people love them around Austin. I need to give it another try.

Another of my local favorites is East Side Pies. If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season, it would be that all the children to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace. If I had two wishes, it would be a fresh, hot pie from East Side Pies. Namely the Buscemi or Half Nelson.
I don’t want that much attention but I appreciate the sentiment.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Its damn good, but I am not a picky eater at all so not the best judge. Pizzas are super thin and they put them in the oven for only like 90 seconds.

It’s not fancy either, the opposite actually. I’d give it a try, but don’t expect a normal pizza.
Not normal is what I mean by fancy. Probably a bad choice of words. Too many strange things on a pizza menu and I’m out. I’m sure it’s good but I want pepperoni not some funny Italian meat as a replacement for it plus figs or whatever.

Frog-in-law1995

Not normal is what I mean by fancy. Probably a bad choice of words. Too many strange things on a pizza menu and I’m out. I’m sure it’s good but I want pepperoni not some funny Italian meat as a replacement for it plus figs or whatever.

Speaking of odd pizza ingredients, I tried to make margherita pizza once. Wasn’t bad, but anybody know how to keep the tequila from running all over the place?

Horny4TCU

intro-1594327418.jpg

had a room mate who swore there was nothing better than totino's pizza. then again he also never ate one where he wasn't stoned, three-sheets, or both so that might explain his love of them.

then again this was the same guy who one night had us drive all over ft worth with him while he was looking for a the white castle he KNEW had opened up over the summer​
Did you go to TCU between 2005 and 2010? I think we knew the same dude...

LVH

Last time I was in St Louis I went to a place called Pi Pizzeria and it was pretty damn good, but it was stuffed deep dish Chicago style so i don't think it was truly St Louis style

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
It was on Washington Ave. We haven't lived in Houston for 10 years though. They used to make their sausage in-house.
Yep, it was Candelaris. I knew one of the family via another friend, and was able to get some of their fabulous sausages and other prepared meats fairly often. We cooked a lot of that at my old place!

That's why I perked up at the name. "Hey! It's a blast from the past!"

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Last time I was in St Louis I went to a place called Pi Pizzeria and it was pretty damn good, but it was stuffed deep dish Chicago style so i don't think it was truly St Louis style
Pi Pizzeria is down the road from my in laws house and pretty damn good. It is NOT Saint Louis style. IMO’s is Saint Louis pizza and it’s over priced hot garbage. The founders have a giant house with a year round nativity scene in the front yard. For some reason I don’t understand.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Here’s another question…which style of pizza is best:
Chicago, New York, Detroit, St. Louis, Cali, New Haven, Quad Cities, some other style I’m not thinking of?
Fwiw, I’m firmly in the NY camp.
New Haven pepperoni apizza (pronounced a-beetz) from Pepe's on Wooster St. With a side of fried clams from Savin Rock.