• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

Would absolutely love it if they had to forfeit a game at one point due to their trash behavior.
CONCACAF really needs to do something harsh. They were slapped on the wrist after Nations League. They need severe sanctions. They should be forced to play WC qualies in an empty Azteca. Mexico has zero class.

Purp

I thought the Nats recovered well in the 2nd half, but that first half was brutal. The only players that get decent grades from me in the first half are Acosta - A-, Moore - B-, Robinson - B+, Hoppe - B, Turner - A+++++++. Robinson didn't make any mistakes, but he wasn't spectacular. Same for Moore defensively, but he just can't cross a ball. Hoppe did some great things, but not consistently enough and he had some brain farts. Turner is insane. I said it after Sunday night, but our GK depth is absurd. I think we have 5 GKs I'd be totally comfortable with between the pipes, but Steffen, Horvath, and now Turner have proven in the hugest moments that they're not just dependable, but phenomenal.

Dike needs a break. Hoppe needs to move into his spot and Nico needs to start on the left. Keep Zardes as a super sub. Arriola needs to not play. Roldan should start for him. Cannon needs to start at right back. Vines was much better tonight, but he's still so inconsistent within the game. Busio needs to be centrally positioned also. I'm tired of Berhalter playing people out of position all the time.

Purp

That Canadia/Mexico game was live. Mexico's fans are bad, but their players are dirty too. Doesn't matter who they play they always get nasty. Doesn't matter if they're behind, tied, or in a huge lead they always get nasty. Doesn't matter if they're home or away. They always get nasty.

I started the GC expecting us to lose to Mexico in the final and I'd have been happy with that result with this squad. But I want to beat those darners so badly right now. They don't deserve joy.

Chongo94

That Canadia/Mexico game was live. Mexico's fans are bad, but their players are dirty too. Doesn't matter who they play they always get nasty. Doesn't matter if they're behind, tied, or in a huge lead they always get nasty. Doesn't matter if they're home or away. They always get nasty.

I started the GC expecting us to lose to Mexico in the final and I'd have been happy with that result with this squad. But I want to beat those darners so badly right now. They don't deserve joy.

Exactly my thoughts as well, every single word.

Moose Stuff

Silly little Dutch girl sucked me back into being interested when she said our ladies weren’t the favorites anymore. She missed the deciding
PK. Enjoy watching from home. #karma

Eight

And Mexico has scored at the absolute death. 2-1.

canada falls victim to soccer never really truly having an ending

not saying the official screwed them or that mexico wouldn't have won in extra time and/ or pk's, but it has always amazed me how the end of games can be so vague at times in soccer

Moose Stuff

canada falls victim to soccer never really truly having an ending

not saying the official screwed them or that mexico wouldn't have won in extra time and/ or pk's, but it has always amazed me how the end of games can be so vague at times in soccer

Agreed. US game had 9 minutes of added time and then they played almost 11.

Eight

friend texted me he wants mexico to be up late to only have to forfeit the match because of their fans chanting setting off a fight between the TRUE mexicans in the crowd and the fake mexicans in the crowd who were born here, speak crappy tex-mex spanish, and cheer for mexico to dog the us men

he is a columbian national so that might explain his feelings

Latest posts