• The KillerFrogs

OT: ZZ Top Bassist passes...

NYC Horned Frog

RIP, Dusty Hill. A good friend of mine's mom went to high school in Houston with Gibbons. Very nice things to say about him and the band.

I also just read that the drummer for Slipknot passed away from a rough MS sort of disease. Granted, I haven't listend to Slipknot since I was an angsty middle-schooler but the guy was crazy talented and I remember all the playing drums with just his hands while being lifted up and down on hydraulics. Didn't know they were still around. Metallica and others are going to do a tribute concert.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Their show at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo some years back was a doozy. For some reason, either scheduling or simple bone-headedness, they had never played the HLSR. Being hometown boys, they really wanted to. So, when they finally got the chance, they put on a great show!

Double D

Tier 1
Dam! Was going to go see them in October in Fort Worth.

Bummed me out when I heard the news today when I finally got cell reception on the way back from the Deer Camp .

RIP.

giphy.gif

Mean Purple

Man, what a great musician. Did a lot for other Texas artists.

I saw them when they toured with Jimmy Buffett. As Jimmy said, he closed for them. They came out, stepped on the throttle and never backed off. Lots of drunk Frisco moms lost themselves ... and tops in the process.

tcudoc

Sad to hear. Saw them at a smallish venue in Central Texas a few years ago. I always thought it was very cool of them to come to a venue that most bands would have scoffed at. Great show! I think they may hold a record for the longest run for a band with no lineup changes.

HG73

Their show at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo some years back was a doozy. For some reason, either scheduling or simple bone-headedness, they had never played the HLSR. Being hometown boys, they really wanted to. So, when they finally got the chance, they put on a great show!
That Houston rodeo is a big deal, isn't it?