• ACC

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • AAC/Mountain West/Conference USA

Votes: 64 27.7%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Longhorn from Aledo

Isn't this fun? Instead of talking about depth charts, schedule strengths, and recruiting classes, this is what we're left with.

It's over, as far as college football the way we have always known it. Done. History. I don't think people have fully grasped that yet. It was basically over in my opinion once the NIL and transfer rules were put in play, this just bludgeons it to a point it won't be remotely recognizable. The separation between the have's and the have not's has always been a problem, now the gap will be so wide it's futile for the latter group to even try and compete.

Last edited:

Eight

anyone shocked by any of that?

fff has said multiple times that eltife was placed in the position he was for one reason and he is among those who believe texas will return to "where they belong"

funny how orangebloods love to throw the entitled trust fund tag at frog fans and yet who fought their way out of the [ Finebaum ] when we were left for dead when the swc collapsed?

scheiss texas, hope they find "where they belong" in the sec

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Yep. They're just doing a victory lap this season, then skedaddling with a fat check left in their wake. Good riddance. May their journey be strewn with banana peels, caltrops, and very hungry ferrets.

Oh, and Bob Bowlsby, as you are going to be pretty much out of a job in roughly 30 to 50 weeks, you should dedicate the remainder of your tenure in this expiring Conference to making the last remaining games of UT a living hell. A. Living. Hell.

I think every team would jump at an opportunity to leave. I'm just not convinced there will be any opportunities. There isn't some sort of master plan being implemented. There is just UT and OU leaving and then every conference makes their own decisions on expanding or staying pat. Has to be a good rationale for the other conferences to expand (mostly money) or there won't be the votes for expansion. If not the Big 12 is left to backfill.
I don't think you are considering ESPNs role as puppet master in this. Yeah, yeah. That's sounds like a conspiracy theory.

They all do until the truth comes out.

Don't underestimate their role in shaping the way forward for college football, which will ultimately be for all of college athletics. They've overpaid for rights fees, and now they want to consolidate all the valuable properties into one super league, the rest be damned.

The one issue no one likes to talk about: Too many people view Baylor and TCU as “church” schools and for some reason that has a negative connotation. Baylor is a “church” school; TCU is no more a “church” school than Princeton, SMU, Duke and a dozen others with a history of being founded as “church” schools. That point needs to be made clear. TCU and the Disciple of Christ church changed their relationship in 1947. We are a great fit in both the ACC and the PAC-12. The private schools in the PAC-12 include Stanford and USC. Schools in the ACC include Wake, Duke, Miami, Boston College, and maybe others (Norte Dame). We have upped our Academics and that is known at the Presidents’ level among the academics.
I've said this in other threads...nobody who matters in this whole mess (university presidents, conference commissioners, TV execs) views TCU as a "church" school. They all know we distanced ourselves from that years ago. What some random fan in Payallup, WA thinks is inconsequential. We have our share of warts, but that's not one of them.

It all comes down to invitations. If the PAC/Big 10/ACC all stand pat for now, I don't think the egos of TT, OSU, KSU, etc. would accept "stepping down" to the MWC or AAC. If the Big 10 ends up going after Oregon and USC to counter the SEC's move, then I think the remaining 8 Big 12 teams would merge with Utah, the Arizona schools, Colorado, UCLA, Cal, Washington and either Stanford or Washington Sate.
The B12 leftovers should stay put until we get the GOR buyout from UT and OU. Then the conference can dissolve with $$$ in the pockets. To that end, we should encourage UT and OU to leave ASAP so they'll have to pay us quickly. The longer they stay in the conference, the more likely it is that several will get cold feet and jump ship, then the conference no longer exists, and no one gets the buyout.

asleep003

The B12 leftovers should stay put until we get the GOR buyout from UT and OU. Then the conference can dissolve with $$$ in the pockets. To that end, we should encourage UT and OU to leave ASAP so they'll have to pay us quickly. The longer they stay in the conference, the more likely it is that several will get cold feet and jump ship, then the conference no longer exists, and no one gets the buyout.
Yes, we need to do this in a strategical manner... too many $s to let it disappear ! We're one of the top 2-3 if not top most attractive addition, from the Little 8. So we don't need to panic... just be smart.

The Bad Guy

Yes, we need to do this in a strategical manner... too many $s to let it disappear ! We're one of the top 2-3 if not top most attractive addition, from the Little 8. So we don't need to panic... just be smart.

Sadly I think you are over reaching there. I believe conferences see Okie light and Tech as better just due to $$$$, could even argue Iowa St and Kansas. The only one I believe we are definitely ahead of is Baylor.

asleep003

Sadly I think you are over reaching there. I believe conferences see Okie light and Tech as better just due to $$$$, could even argue Iowa St and Kansas. The only one I believe we are definitely ahead of is Baylor.

Actually, 2019 viewership... BU ahead of TCU and KSU/ISU/TT/ KU, in that order viewership p/game below us. So, we ranked 4th among the little 8 in total TV viewership.

Last edited:

HG73

Actually, the 2019 viewership ... Baylor was ahead of TCU and KSU/ISU/TT/ KU, in that order viewership below us. We ranked 4th among the little 8.
Only because they were in a Sugar Bowl and CCG. Otherwise all the 8 have about the same viewership. Tech, baylor and OSU don't have more viewers than us.