• The KillerFrogs

CDC tipped Schloss

MagicFrog

you honestly believe that while working in secret on what is not only the biggest event of your career, but will have as big an impact on college athletics in decades cdc puts this process at risk by tipping off a guy who not only parted ways on bad terms but was gone two years ago?

As close as they supposedly were sure. He doesn't have to give Schloss a full blown presentation on what UT's plans are to say "a birdie told me that things are about to change and you might be making a really good move for you if you took a job outside the Big 12". Absolutely he could have tipped him off.

I'm sure that's what probably happened with Beard. You don't just leave a good situation with a stocked cupboard for grins, and two years ago Schloss would have never gone to A&M.

Eight

As close as they supposedly were sure. He doesn't have to give Schloss a full blown presentation on what UT's plans are to say "a birdie told me that things are about to change and you might be making a really good move for you if you took a job outside the Big 12". Absolutely he could have tipped him off.

I'm sure that's what probably happened with Beard. You don't just leave a good situation with a stocked cupboard for grins, and two years ago Schloss would have never gone to A&M.

wait, you think beard left the cupboard fully stocked at tech? guess beard knew about texas going to the sec which is why he had the out clause in his contract right?

yeah, two years ago schloss was gone to scheissING STARKVILLE which is infinitely better than bryan/college station.

believe what you want, but in some ways schloss had become bitter and disenchanted at tcu and cdc is a merc who didn't even tip of jeremiah so yeah, it could have happened

MagicFrog

wait, you think beard left the cupboard fully stocked at tech? guess beard knew about texas going to the sec which is why he had the out clause in his contract right?

yeah, two years ago schloss was gone to scheissING STARKVILLE which is infinitely better than bryan/college station.

believe what you want, but in some ways schloss had become bitter and disenchanted at tcu and cdc is a merc who didn't even tip of jeremiah so yeah, it could have happened

Beard had everyone coming back next year and he had apparently promised their top donors he wasn't leaving for UT, and ended up just having completed what is said to be the nicest basketball practice facility in the country with a mural of him in it. This SEC thing has been going on six months, and do you really think they wouldn't have used that to get him to come to Austin? Of course they would.

All I'm saying is I wouldn't put it past him to have put that bug in Schloss's ear and it having an impact on his decision to leave. Friends tend to do that, and it would certainly make more sense as to why he left for a program that was in a deep valley and not likely to get well quick given the level of competition in the SEC.

Eight

Beard had everyone coming back next year and he had apparently promised their top donors he wasn't leaving for UT, and ended up just having completed what is said to be the nicest basketball practice facility in the country with a mural of him in it. This SEC thing has been going on six months, and do you really think they wouldn't have used that to get him to come to Austin? Of course they would.

All I'm saying is I wouldn't put it past him to have put that bug in Schloss's ear and it having an impact on his decision to leave. Friends tend to do that.

well, if a coach promised he wasn't leaving for another school in the conference that is good enough right?

obviously he had no interest in texas or any other big 12 program and tech knew that or why include the clause that doubles the buy out if he left for another big 12 program.

sure that was similar to one of those colored m&m clauses in a contract just to make sure both sides read the contract.

did cdc share with beard at that mcdonald's about the sec move? maybe, but remember texas is in the process of building their own facilties, don't know about any murals yet, and you already had players in the portal or declaring for the draft prior to his announcement

All I'm saying is I wouldn't put it past him to have put that bug in Schloss's ear and it having an impact on his decision to leave. Friends tend to do that, and it would certainly make more sense as to why he left for a program that was in a deep valley and not likely to get well quick given the level of competition in the SEC.
CDC and CJS were not friends.