Votes: 15 6.5%
  • AAC/Mountain West/Conference USA

Votes: 64 27.7%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
They most likely firmly believe that it will be ESPN who determines who is relevant and who is not long term, so better join them than get beaten by them.
As much as I hate the rat [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ] with the heat of a thousand suns, they have been the long-term winners (via attrition) of the College Football World. The Streamers may have more money, but they really don't know what they are doing and really have no idea how to even deal with the people that make up the College Football Universe. I would think that it would behoove the Football People to educate and guide the Streamers just a little, but I don't imagine they would want to cross their ESPN masters at all. ESPN has shown they are in for the long haul (For better or worse. Probably worse.), and the Streamers consider Football to be just some more content to fill time and draw subscribers. The Shiny Toy du jour...

LVH

Good article from a PAC writer: https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/07...t-move-the-cfps-future-and-espns-master-plan/

TL/DR: ESPN is driving the bus. Get on board, or else...

That article got it right.

I keep seeing all over this board how so many believe 64 teams is the magic number... TCU just needs to be one of those 64.

64 is not the magic number. The magic number is somewhere between 24 and 32.

You guys really think schools like Wake Forest and Washington State will survive this?

Bizarro Frog

I have a good feeling the Frogs end up in the PAC 12 along with Tech, OK St, and ??? We have a great program, money, recruiting and an airport that connects the country. Plus we can party with the best of them.

West Coast Division
USC
UCLA
OREGON
OREGON ST
WASHINGTON
WASHINGTON ST
STANFORD
CAL

SOUTHWEST
TCU
TECH
OK ST
ARIZONA ST
ARIZONA
COLORADO
UTAH
Team X

Bizarro Frog

I assume if the leftover Big 12/8 breakup K St & Iowa St will lose ties to TX and their recruiting takes a major hit. Do they die on the vine like Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri and Arkansas? West Vir seems to have a pipeline to Florida. Kansas does not recruit any place very well. Not sure how it will affect Ok St.

Mean Purple

Joining the Pac-12 is the best option, not just from a financial standpoint.

If the remaining members actually stay together and try to add 2-4 schools, it would likely mean adding UH and SMU. While it sounds cool to revive SWC rivalries, it would really hurt our recruiting efforts in DFW and Houston. That's my main concern. That said, I really doubt that all 8 members stay put.

I think the ACC takes West Virginia, and the Big 10 poaches Iowa State, Kansas, and OSU. Pac-12 ends up taking TCU and Tech. Baylor and K-State get left out. Baylor gets denied by Pac-12 for the same reasons as BYU, and I'm pretty sure K-State won't qualify academically for the Big 10.

Last resort to the AAC wouldn't be the end of the world, especially if they were to add BYU and Boise. I'm not sure if they could trim the fat and get rid of ECU and Temple, but that would be ideal in that scenario.
Kansas gets left out before KState.

Mean Purple

I have a good feeling the Frogs end up in the PAC 12 along with Tech, OK St, and ??? We have a great program, money, recruiting and an airport that connects the country. Plus we can party with the best of them.

West Coast Division
USC
UCLA
OREGON
OREGON ST
WASHINGTON
WASHINGTON ST
STANFORD
CAL

SOUTHWEST
TCU
TECH
OK ST
ARIZONA ST
ARIZONA
COLORADO
UTAH
Team X

This gives the PAC a major invasion into the Central time slot. And some Eastern, due to early games. Go get Nebraska or Colorado State.

Mean Purple

Joining the Pac-12 is the best option, not just from a financial standpoint.

If the remaining members actually stay together and try to add 2-4 schools, it would likely mean adding UH and SMU. While it sounds cool to revive SWC rivalries, it would really hurt our recruiting efforts in DFW and Houston. That's my main concern. That said, I really doubt that all 8 members stay put.

I think the ACC takes West Virginia, and the Big 10 poaches Iowa State, Kansas, and OSU. Pac-12 ends up taking TCU and Tech. Baylor and K-State get left out. Baylor gets denied by Pac-12 for the same reasons as BYU, and I'm pretty sure K-State won't qualify academically for the Big 10.

Last resort to the AAC wouldn't be the end of the world, especially if they were to add BYU and Boise. I'm not sure if they could trim the fat and get rid of ECU and Temple, but that would be ideal in that scenario.
Disagree with having to add a mid major. There are other power 5 teams who are not happy with even their relatively new conferences.