• The KillerFrogs

How could DelConti do this to us?

Dogfrog

Would be interested to know how this might affect his relationship with Jeremiah, they are essentially family. Got to be a teeny bit awkward at the moment to say the least...

No worries. He’ll hire his godson in some cushy UT athletic admin VP position.

4 Oaks Frog

Here's the latest word:
Prominent Big 12 source tells the American-Statesman the Texas-OU move to the SEC is almost done. “They’ve been working on this for a minimum of 6 months, and the A&M leadership was left out of discussions and wasn’t told about it.” Move could become official in a week. – Bohls via Twitter

Can't help but wonder how Chris Del Conti could do this without giving someone here a heads up. His years here at TCU are what made him, and now he says to hell with us. Hard to understand.
scheiss CDC!!! He became [ Finebaum ] to me the day he bailed…
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

Here's the latest word:
Prominent Big 12 source tells the American-Statesman the Texas-OU move to the SEC is almost done. “They’ve been working on this for a minimum of 6 months, and the A&M leadership was left out of discussions and wasn’t told about it.” Move could become official in a week. – Bohls via Twitter

Can't help but wonder how Chris Del Conti could do this without giving someone here a heads up. His years here at TCU are what made him, and now he says to hell with us. Hard to understand.
Lol TCU is dead to him. There is zero benifit to UT in giving TCU a “heads up.” His loyalty is to UT as it should be

ANYONE who has been listening to Del Conte since he arrived at TCU knows he, as I said in previous threads, has been hinting for fans not to get too comfortable in the Big 12. That was the major push for AGCS and the Schollmaier Arena renos. Donors were not only sold on the luxury, but the fact we needed Grade-A facilities to keep up when realignment inevitably happens. He did his job and while I am not the biggest fan of ADJD he has the "Playbook" from Del Conte as to how to navigate these waters. We will see what happens.

Frogs1983

DelConte is a master salesman, could sell igloos to eskimos. When at TCU, look at the upgrades he achieved. Now at TU, doing the same thing.

We'll see how his "protoge" performs now during crunch time.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
DelConte is a master salesman, could sell igloos to eskimos. When at TCU, look at the upgrades he achieved. Now at TU, doing the same thing.

We'll see how his "protoge" performs now during crunch time.
Indeed. It is "crunch time" because if he doesn't find us a home in a respectable Conference, we pretty much get cast into the Outer Darkness and cease to matter as a Program. I don't imagine Donati is terribly keen on being "The Guy Who Fumbled Away TCU's Relevance."

froginmn

I would think selling igloos to Eskimos would be rather intuitive. Can’t think of many other potential customers.
There was quite a run on them at restaurants during COVID.

images

Ray Finkle

So the PAC16 will supplant the weirdness of Baylor for the weirdness of BYU? And Boise is always a better choice than Ok State. I was all for it up until the loss of logic on the last grouping...
I was right there with you. No Okie Lite? I'd rather grab Colorado State over BYU and Boise. As the State of Colorado's population continues to grow, the enrollment at CSU will continue to grow (almost 35,000 students in 2019). I'm very much in favor of having them back in a conference with us.

Last edited: