• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

TCUdirtbag

Is TCU going to issue any kind of statement? I know these types of statements are worthless, but at least let us know you are pissed about how this went down and are working on it.

I don’t see any reason to. Boschini chairs the Big 12 Board of Directors. It’s not like anyone thinks we’re doing nothing, and a disingenuous statement isn’t going to change anything. I’d rather them be working every angle then wording a dumb statement.

Eight

7bc3655b574c46d1ed7cb8fa2b6d0835.gif

McFroggin

PAC ain't adding BYU, Boise, or Tech. Their academic ego is way too big for that. They held their nose when they added WSU, OSU and ASU.

Flat wrong about Tech. You can argue that their undergrad isn’t TCU caliber sure and we have a superior MBA. Tech has 2 better medical schools. They have better academic research. They have larger health graduate schools and post-graduate medical training institutes. You could argue that their pain management programs is Top 5 in the country. Tech has a law school (we don’t). Tech has 1 of 2 veterinary schools in the state.

I’ll be the first one to joke about Tech STD’s and whatnot, but as far as well rounded institutions, Tech is #1 of the remaining 8 schools in my opinion. It is easy to make an argument that they should go with us.

TCUdirtbag

Flat wrong about Tech. You can argue that their undergrad isn’t TCU caliber sure and we have a superior MBA. Tech has 2 better medical schools. They have better academic research. They have larger health graduate schools and post-graduate medical training institutes. You could argue that their pain management programs is Top 5 in the country. Tech has a law school (we don’t). Tech has 1 of 2 veterinary schools in the state.

I’ll be the first one to joke about Tech STD’s and whatnot, but as far as well rounded institutions, Tech is #1 of the remaining 8 schools in my opinion. It is easy to make an argument that they should go with us.

I don’t disagree with your larger point. I think Tech and OSU are better positioned than TCU.

BUT exactly zero of those medical programs are part of Texas Tech University. The system does have two separate health science universities. While they share a governing board they are otherwise independent and not part of the same university. Your conflation is like giving UT Austin credit for UTMB Galveston or UT Southwestern in Dallas.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Baylor is scheissed way more than we are with all this.

With their basketball success I think they have a much better National identity than we do. The whole Baylor rape thing was not as big of a deal outside of Texas (although I’m sure the other ADs will certainly make it known in discussions with other conferences.

TCUdirtbag

With their basketball success I think they have a much better National identity than we do. The whole Baylor rape thing was not as big of a deal outside of Texas (although I’m sure the other ADs will certainly make it known in discussions with other conferences.

The rape scandal and southern Baptist factor are likely each independently disqualifying for the PAC.

HG73

I don’t disagree with your larger point. I think Tech and OSU are better positioned than TCU.

BUT exactly zero of those medical programs are part of Texas Tech University. The system does have two separate health science universities. While they share a governing board they are otherwise independent and not part of the same university. Your conflation is like giving UT Austin credit for UTMB Galveston or UT Southwestern in Dallas.
Are they still accredited? Didn't they lose that a few years ago.?

McFroggin

When making an argument to the PAC about inclusion, keep the specifics to yourself. Haha. They are still related. TTUHSC students are given student tickets to all athletics, rec facilities, etc at the primary institution. They are very related. UT has the strongest TX medical system, but the separate centers do not get UT Austin benefits. Totally separate.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I really hope we are not a package deal with Baylor. If it was presented that way on a call then I hope TCU called back after it ended and said we will join alone if need be.

I would think OSU would be included since they were in the group that was in initial discussions a few years ago with the PAC until UT quashed it.