• The KillerFrogs

Does TCU require vaccinations?

So, to those of us that are unvaccinated -

Do you think that having the vaccine for COVID has been a benefit overall?

If you do not feel comfortable with the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) in this instance, what circumstances would encourage you to go along with an EUA?
I got vaccinated early on and the benefits are obviously first and foremost on a personal level not worrying about being one of the unlucky ones with severe disease or long term sequelae. It's also nice to not have to worry about being around at risk friends, family and acquaintances who cannot or chose not to be vaccinated. I also like not having to worry if any work or travel vaccination (or unvaccinated mask wearing) requirements I might encounter. Finally, I like contributing to the "greater good" of helping the country get through the pandemic.

Bob Sugar

I got vaccinated early on and the benefits are obviously first and foremost on a personal level not worrying about being one of the unlucky ones with severe disease or long term sequelae. It's also nice to not have to worry about being around at risk friends, family and acquaintances who cannot or chose not to be vaccinated. I also like not having to worry if any work or travel vaccination (or unvaccinated mask wearing) requirements I might encounter. Finally, I like contributing to the "greater good" of helping the country get through the pandemic.
Weird. I haven't really worried about all those things since I saw the statistical probabilities in March/ April 2020,

PO Frog

The UK is being more conservative with their recommendation, similar to how we are being conservative with authorizing the vaccine for under 12. As pointed out on here a lot is that the risk of covid and complication rate is low in that age group, so they are allowing more time to get more data before approval. Still, the risk assessment is clearly in favor of vaccinating. I vaccinated my 14 year old as soon as he was eligible and would do so again in a second, especially with the latest increase in cases.
Insanity

smufrogger

Why do I care if others get vaccinated?

Because you are spreading the virus which is getting people sick and heading us towards another lockdown! Because I want this [ #2020 ] to be over with!

How scheissing dumb can you be.
Not as dumb as your comments- conclusion thst getting vaccinated somehow prevents thr virus from spreading or spreading it to others.
I personally have two family members vaccinated and with covid. One spread it to their spouse. One on their second trip to the ICU dealing with it.

flyfishingfrog

Yea but the discussion has run it's course and been repeated over and over again.

At this point, after a year and a half of this BS one must ask how much patience must reasonable people have? 2 years worth? 3 years worth? 5? 10? How much more of my life must be compromised because of anti vaxers?
I find if hilarious that you think if the US was 100% vaccinated- that all of this would be over….

TheFDN

So, to those of us that are unvaccinated -

Do you think that having the vaccine for COVID has been a benefit overall?

If you do not feel comfortable with the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) in this instance, what circumstances would encourage you to go along with an EUA?

My 16 year old daughter (unvaxxed) recently caught COVID from summer camp. Got a head cold and bad cough but no other issues. Fine after a week.
My 15 year old daughter (unvaxxed) who temporarily shares a room with 16 yr old never caught it. And they never really kept their distance from each other.

My wife (unvaxxed) got it. No underlying conditions and healthy. She spent 5 days in the hospital (never on a ventilator) and is now home with an oxygen machine hooked up probably watching reruns of Friends and King Of Queens right now. It did a number on her lungs and she needs rest after walking to the kitchen but she will be fine in time.

I (vaxxed with Pfizer) eventually caught it. Regular 40 something spare dude, relatively healthy. Bad head cold and some body aches and pain, but never any issues with breathing. Felt fine after a week.

Moral of story?
I don’t have one. But my wifes doc who treated her at the hospital firmly believes COVID will end up being a yearly issue like the flu with different strains.

What Up Toad

My 16 year old daughter (unvaxxed) recently caught COVID from summer camp. Got a head cold and bad cough but no other issues. Fine after a week.
My 15 year old daughter (unvaxxed) who temporarily shares a room with 16 yr old never caught it. And they never really kept their distance from each other.

My wife (unvaxxed) got it. No underlying conditions and healthy. She spent 5 days in the hospital (never on a ventilator) and is now home with an oxygen machine hooked up probably watching reruns of Friends and King Of Queens right now. It did a number on her lungs and she needs rest after walking to the kitchen but she will be fine in time.

I (vaxxed with Pfizer) eventually caught it. Regular 40 something spare dude, relatively healthy. Bad head cold and some body aches and pain, but never any issues with breathing. Felt fine after a week.

Moral of story?
I don’t have one. But my wifes doc who treated her at the hospital firmly believes COVID will end up being a yearly issue like the flu with different strains.

One of my coworkers who is in his 40s caught it, and he was running marathons before the pandemic. His case was so bad that he actually updated his will because he wasn't sure he was going to recover.

He'd had a bad case of bronchitis in his 20s, and the doctors said his lungs had never fully recovered from that. He still can't run because his lungs are still recovering from COVID.

Before that, he'd been pretty nonchalant about the whole thing, but now he's telling everyone to get vaccinated just in case.

BigPurple87

Entirely different type of vaccine. First time this type of technology has been used in a vaccine for humans. No long term data. Already more vaccine related deaths for the covid vaccine than for every other vaccine over the past 20 years combined. Safer treatments from well known drugs like ivermectin are being aggressively censored and suppressed to prevent this vaccine from losing its Emergency Use Authorization which currently allows it to be administered since it is not fda approved. The government is trying to entice people to get the vaccine by bribing them with raffles and lotteries and other freebies. The mainstream media has been lying to the public ad nauseam for the past 5+ years.

Those are a few reasons why there is resistance and hesitancy.

Wow I knew you were dumb but not that dumb

Only 43 Of Texas’ Nearly 9,000 COVID-19 Fatalities Since February Were Among Fully Vaccinated Individuals, Data Show The Texas Tribune (7/21, DeGuzman) reports, “Of the 8,787 people who have died in Texas due to COVID-19 since early February, at least 43 were fully vaccinated, the Texas Department of State Health Services said.” These data mean 0.5% of COVID-19 fatalities in Texas “were the result of “breakthrough infections,” which DSHS defines as people who contracted the virus two weeks after being fully vaccinated.” Texas Medical Association COVID-19 task force member Dr. David Lakey “said people succumbing to the coronavirus despite being vaccinated was ‘not unexpected.’” He added, “we’ve known for a long while that the vaccines aren’t 100%, but they’re really really good at preventing severe disease and hospitalizations. … There will always be some individuals that will succumb to the illness in the absence of full herd immunity.”

HFrog1999

Why’s this thread still going? We established that TCU is not currently requiring the vaccine.

We have a Covid thread in the Pit

200.gif

LVH

I am a healthy 33 year old that does triathlons. I do not see any benefit gained whatsoever from getting the vaccine.

NewFrogFan

We must’ve have had to have 4 or 5 vaccinations jus to start elementary school in the 50s. Just don’t get the all resistance. Can’t imagine what some of the geniuses here would have said about Jonas Salk…
What are those side effects coming out that seem to miss MSM? Know anyone vaccinated that has gotten CV? I know more than a few that had severe reactions to the last vaccine cramed through like this one was. Why do vaccinated people have to wear a mask according to left wingers? My Dr has had CV twice, treated himself w HCQ, is in his upper 60’s, recovered twice, says dont take vaccine yet? Any reason I dont trust him? My wife has 4 medical degrees, will not take it. I can go on for days w information that never gets out.