• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

LVH

It should, but CFB fans are not loyal to the sport, and the quality of the on-field product. CFB fans are loyal to their schools. As long as they get theirs, all will be fine.

I would boycott CFB if it got to the point where a super league decided to break off from the NCAA

FBallFan123

It should, but CFB fans are not loyal to the sport, and the quality of the on-field product. CFB fans are loyal to their schools. As long as they get theirs, all will be fine.

I get it, but there should be people with a long-term view that see that concentrating more power in college football in a smaller group of programs could end up hurting the overall popularity of the sport.

I mean, I get that majority of CFB money is in the Big Ten and SEC, and to a lesser extent ACC … but if this move kills off the Big 12, and relegates Pac 12 to a 2nd tier conference … then that it doesn’t grow the brand of CFB … likely just the opposite.

You’d think some outside entities (like broadcast partners and sponsors) might not totally like the idea of it.

But perhaps it’s wishful thinking.

Frozen Frog

Ultimate dream: Mizzoo to Big 10 and CDC brings lil bro Donati and TCU to SEC. making it mean EVEN MORE than it ever did!

I don't think this is super unrealistic. It would likely be Tech over TCU, but either way it would probably save both schools from relegation.

Baylor is in absolutely the worst position! They are viewed Notre Lame without the prestige and BYU without the fans combined with a horrific location.

JugbandFrog

I get it, but there should be people with a long-term view that see that concentrating more power in college football in a smaller group of programs could end up hurting the overall popularity of the sport.

I mean, I get that majority of CFB money is in the Big Ten and SEC, and to a lesser extent ACC … but if this move kills off the Big 12, and relegates Pac 12 to a 2nd tier conference … then that it doesn’t grow the brand of CFB … likely just the opposite.

You’d think some outside entities (like broadcast partners and sponsors) might not totally like the idea of it.

But perhaps it’s wishful thinking.

CFB has the potential to be very popular, but with all these BS non-conference games (4 easy wins for the SEC, and heck even our BS game against the Duquesne’s of the world) what is the point of watching?

Even the best games, the CFPs, have been duds over the years.

All this me me me of those running CFB are going to kill it.

McFroggin

Outside of the Big 12, I’d vote for joining the ACC. Beautiful part of the country to visit and Clemson needs some competition. Better time zones for games than the PAC.

Wexahu

CFB has the potential to be very popular, but with all these BS non-conference games (4 easy wins for the SEC, and heck even our BS game against the Duquesne’s of the world) what is the point of watching?

Even the best games, the CFPs, have been duds over the years.

All this me me me of those running CFB are going to kill it.

It's already very popular. They are doing their best to scheiss it up over the last couple years though.

Much more likely is that CDC could give two sh**s about TCU. He’s nothing but a salesman, and he no longer works at our dealership.
I doubt it's true that he doesn't care at all about TCU. He doesn't work here anymore so none of it is his obligation but part of his legacy here is getting us into a P5 conference and leaving his protege in charge so it doesn't seem unreasonable to think he would try to help us out in a way that is not inconsistent with his present employer's interests.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
I doubt it's true that he doesn't care at all about TCU. He doesn't work here anymore so none of it is his obligation but part of his legacy here is getting us into a P5 conference and leaving his protege in charge so it doesn't seem unreasonable to think he would try to help us out in a way that is not inconsistent with his present employer's interests.

Rational observations don’t go over well here