• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

NYC Horned Frog

There is another Big 12 member, having known for months where this was headed, that's also been preparing a possible exit path to a fellow Power 5. They were VERY quiet yesterday.

If UT/OU were confronted behind closed doors, they would have admitted their dissatisfaction and ongoing discussion of leaving post-2025, yes. I believe this because Jay did admit this 1-1 in the past few weeks to a fellow Big 12 President.

Problem with the alliance forming: Hard to do when, as you suggest, all feet may be out the door. That's what VBo and a few other leaders are working on now. But, they won't rest if the answers aren't clear and unequivocal... This is all going to move both very fast and slow over the next 3-6-12 months.

KU or WV surely. Probably KU. Not Tech.

ECM

These are the only two with the cache to start independently exploring. KU is obvious. WVU is probably lucky to have Gordon Gee’s Rolodex today.
I wonder if Cincinnati wouldn’t be more attractive to the ACC than WVU if they need a 16th team to pair with Notre Dame. I can tell you where Notre Dame would rather play a conference road game every few years and it sure as [ Finebaum ] isn’t in Morgantown.

Eight

I wonder if Cincinnati wouldn’t be more attractive to the ACC than WVU if they need a 16th team to pair with Notre Dame. I can tell you where Notre Dame would rather play a conference road game every few years and it sure as [ #2020 ] isn’t in Morgantown.

why would the acc give a [ Finebaum ] where nd would rather play their conference road games

the only school more obnoxious in all this [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] than nd is texas simply because texas blew up a conference shortly after it was formed with their [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] network while nd is simply locked into the belief they are bigger than college football because of tradition

Big Frog II

How many of the other 8 Big 12 teams add value to the Pac-12's TV and bowl contract? That is probably the answer whether or not any of the 8 get invited.

ECM

why would the acc give a [ #2020 ] where nd would rather play their conference road games

the only school more obnoxious in all this [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] than nd is texas simply because texas blew up a conference shortly after it was formed with their [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] network while nd is simply locked into the belief they are bigger than college football because of tradition
The ACC will hold a spot open for Notre Dame until Christ returns. And I think ND would have some sway over who comes with them. I don’t think Notre Dame would ever want to share a conference with West Virginia

TCUdirtbag

How many of the other 8 Big 12 teams add value to the Pac-12's TV and bowl contract? That is probably the answer whether or not any of the 8 get invited.

I could imagine a model where an expansion East division pulls less revenue than the legacy pac-8 west division. Could be a win-win for both in the near term.

Eight

The ACC will hold a spot open for Notre Dame until Christ returns. And I think ND would have some sway over who comes with them. I don’t think Notre Dame would ever want to share a conference with West Virginia

nd needs the conference more than the conference needs them.

TCU_91

I have heard several times The Oklahoma State Legislature requires Ok St has to go with OU.

Has anyone researched this throughly?

FinanceFrog

Regardless of how this sordid affair plays out, I fully expect to be at the Carter

firmly ensconced in my customary armchair seats. The only problematic being

that in 2025,
I'll be 91. Hope springs eternal.

holy [ Finebaum ] you’re 87ish and able to work a computer to post on here? Good for you. ill forgive the bold font.

GoFrog Yourself

I have heard several times The Oklahoma State Legislature requires Ok St has to go with OU.

Story I read earlier said that was more of a gentlemen’s agreement between the (now former) ADs at OU and Okie Lite. Both schools now have new ADs and there’s little known about their relationship, and legislature has little to no say in the matter

tetonfrog

i do not have a link, but I read in the Tulsa world yesterday that ou does not have to bring osu with them. State legislature can protest but has no legal grounds in court.

Endless Purple

Most of the Top 100 Admissions offices now days use "First Year" as opposed to "Freshman." Most are also moving to universally adopting it, though it is no overnight feat.

Most all of them.

Your replies got me to wonder so I did a very quick search. Also going by what the face online is and not necessarily what is done hidden behind the scenes.

Baylor uses freshmen on their website. Does not have much diversity topics listed but a faith and service link.
Texas Tech uses freshmen on their website. Only saw one reference to hispanic services.
Oklahoma State uses freshmen on their website. They have many links to diversity programs like TCU. (maybe more than TCU)

Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State also all use the term freshmen on their web sites. They all did have some form of diversity page. The Kansas one was a little longer to find. Iowa State's was pretty good.

So TCU was among the top and had the diversity on more than just one diversity section on their page, but most had some form of it listed. All sites but TCU still had freshman(men) being used up front. I did not read every page of every site.

Froggish

This is false...I live in Oklahoma and my Father in Law is a big cigar at OU....100% False...There was gentleman's agreement for a number of years between the 2 presidents but that was over years ago.