• The KillerFrogs

The Beginning of the End

tcumaniac

I am preparing for this. And then how I am going to get out of my club seat contract.
TCU has a decent amount of inventory in the west side club for the first time since it began. I spoke to the frog club earlier this week to learn about the process of getting seats. I'm personally not a huge club guy, but my wife loves it, and it would be nice for any future kids.

This made the decision very easy. I feel especially bad for our east side suite and club donors.

HFrog12

TCU has a decent amount of inventory in the west side club for the first time since it began. I spoke to the frog club earlier this week to learn about the process of getting seats. I'm personally not a huge club guy, but my wife loves it, and it would be nice for any future kids.

This made the decision very easy. I feel especially bad for our east side suite and club donors.

It has been a big ouchie. I have young kids and two siblings that all bought together to make it a family affair coming from Houston. They did give the ability to mortgage the payments. I might be exploring how to strategically default on that if we become a G5 program.

Gringo1873

Or we're just not the big dog we think we are. We've been average at best for quite a while now, yet we still hang out hats on the Rose Bowl when in reality NO ONE cares about that anymore but us.

Not really, we won the Big 12 in 2014 and have spent time in the top 10 on several occasions since then.

bp4tcu

Not really, we won the Big 12 in 2014 and have spent time in the top 10 on several occasions since then.
We won a share of the conference 6 years ago and haven't done squat since. College football is very what have yo done for me lately and we've not done anything.

I love TCU, my point is, I don't think we carry the national, or even state prestige a lot of us think we do.

Bob Sugar

We won a share of the conference 6 years ago and haven't done squat since. College football is very what have yo done for me lately and we've not done anything.

I love TCU, my point is, I don't think we carry the national, or even state prestige a lot of us think we do.
Now do Tech...Or KSU...or...well, you get the point. TCU is just as much of a football brand as those schools, if not significantly more.

bp4tcu

Now do Tech...Or KSU...or...well, you get the point. TCU is just as much of a football brand as those schools, if not significantly more.
Maybe as much, but certainly no way more, certainly not significantly more And I'm not concerned about those school, I'm concerned about TCU only.

I travel the whole state, amongst others for work. As far as our football life, we've had a drop in the bucket's worth of time in a major conference. It's not like we have this rich pedigree of success and national relevance. When I interviewed for my current job 5 years ago in Phoenix, Id say of the 12-13 people I met through out the process, maybe 3 of them knew any more about us other than we're in Texas.

Most people outside of the state know very little if anything about us. Hell, I'd say thats pretty common for the sate. In my conversations, FAR MORE people don't know who our coach is vs those who do. And take apparel. Definitely in the state but even outside, Tech and even OSU is all over the place. It might be one guy here, one guy there, but I see someone in Tech gear every airport I go to. Sure, bigger alumni base, student population, all that. FTW is great, but I think not having a college town to tie ourselves too is a part of that too.

But again to my point, we're not as big and popular as we think we are. FTW is great, but I think not having a college town to tie ourselves too is a part of that too. We're a small private school. Just the facts.

allclearforfrogs

Our fan base is small and we have a (minor) religious affiliation. This is just going to hurt us more and more as the years go by unless we can get back to 11 win seasons in football.

JugbandFrog

Or we're just not the big dog we think we are. We've been average at best for quite a while now, yet we still hang out hats on the Rose Bowl when in reality NO ONE cares about that anymore but us.
My belief is the average comes from leadership (AD) not willing or knowledgeable enough to push and keep us from being average. Holding coaching staff’s accountable and pushing for excellence.

Brog

It’s been a fun run boys. Today marks the official end of TCU athletics as we once knew it. Back to the days of irrelevancy we come.

TCU was in a tough situation no matter who was leading our athletic department, but thanks to our bush league AD, we will soon find ourselves in a bush league conference. Tried to warn everyone. Oh well. Too late now.

Hard to be mad at Jeremiah. It’s really not his fault that he is severely under quailed for this job. It’s TCU’s fault for hiring him. ADJD would have been a good hire for a non-power 5 school...not TCU. Ironically thanks to our stupidity, that’s exactly what we’re about to become.

Perhaps we can agree on a date when we can imitate lemmings and all meet on an Eagle Mountain cliff top overlooking the lake, say Rif Ram Bah Zoo together, and end it all.

TCUdirtbag

I know everyone wants to blame Donati.

But doesn’t this pretty much come down on CDC? Used us, threw us to the curb, came back and curb stomped us into oblivion.