• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

ticketfrog123

We have done just about all we can other than win for the PAC. Increased enrollment with a lot from west coast, added a med school, gotten more woke, scheduled non-con pac games, and put as much money as we could in our facilities. We sit in a big metro which makes it easy to travel. There are lots of positives we have to the PAC. That being said, I’m with you, at the end of the day we are a small Texas school. Purple glasses off I think we are hosed.

y’all call me a troll but this is the most yellow
Belly sad [ Finebaum ] I’ve seen on here

we rank low in the big 12 on student population, every other metric we’re in the top 4

if the ACC took a flyer on Louisville’s rap sheet of sanctions and low quality city + academics then’ll we get a look there

pac-12 we’d be the first choice if they expand

if not, screw it we can independent for football (but trim the number of scholarship sports in total)

TRF51

Maybe I am a glass half full person but Frogs will be fine either way. If the playoff expands to 12 teams then wherever we land we have a chance if there are 6 auto conference bids. We were set to run the Big East before the Big 12 offer. Maybe we run the new Big 12 or AAC. Maybe we end up in the Pac 12, ACC or Big Ten. Maybe none of this happens and the Big 12 stays put. Who knows but we survived before and we will again.

To truly compete we need to be in a power five conference. The recruiting is just different. The money from the tv contracts is huge which leads to better facilities and such. To be legit title contender we need to be in a power five. I don’t want to go back to playing Wyoming, UNLY, and teams like that.

TRF51

ironically, the Big 12 without Texas or OU isn’t much different than current form ACC

a hot ISU / OKST / TCU could hang with Clemson

rest of conference would clobber ACC head to head

The revenue is the big deal. $7 mil in the MW conference compared to the $40 mil we get now.

HFrog12

y’all call me a troll but this is the most yellow
Belly sad [ #2020 ] I’ve seen on here

we rank low in the big 12 on student population, every other metric we’re in the top 4

if the ACC took a flyer on Louisville’s rap sheet of sanctions and low quality city + academics then’ll we get a look there

pac-12 we’d be the first choice if they expand

if not, screw it we can independent for football (but trim the number of scholarship sports in total)

How was my comment yellow belly? I am proud of what the school has done, sans the wokeness. We have positioned ourselves greatly over the last 10 years. My point is that if you think I small private public school in Texas is an automatic fit for a west coast conference then I wish I had your optimism. I think we are a viable candidate because of what we’ve done, but I think it’s far from a lock.

PurpleBlood87

Maybe I am a glass half full person but Frogs will be fine either way. If the playoff expands to 12 teams then wherever we land we have a chance if there are 6 auto conference bids. We were set to run the Big East before the Big 12 offer. Maybe we run the new Big 12 or AAC. Maybe we end up in the Pac 12, ACC or Big Ten. Maybe none of this happens and the Big 12 stays put. Who knows but we survived before and we will again.

Good luck when the BIg 12 money runs dry. It will be back to paltry TV money and playing football games on any day of the week other than Sunday. TCU worked so hard to get away from the SMU's and Colorado State's of the world and that's where they will land.
Baseball will definitely take a hit conference wise.

ticketfrog123

How was my comment yellow belly? I am proud of what the school has done, sans the wokeness. We have positioned ourselves greatly over the last 10 years. My point is that if you think I small private public school in Texas is an automatic fit for a west coast conference then I wish I had your optimism. I think we are a viable candidate because of what we’ve done, but I think it’s far from a lock.

Use your head - nobody from California is ever stepping foot in Oklahoma or Kansas or Lubbock if they can avoid it.

If they need even numbers then SDSU or Colorado state could get a look too

Gringo1873

The original PAC 8 would only play us about once every 4 years and actually probably be glad to come the metroplex for recruiting purposes.
2025? Well, this will be an awkward 4 years.

We may fall off the recruiting/emotional cliff fast. These 4 years could be very difficult.

y2kFrog

Who else are they going to choose? The PAC-12 is probably in need of more help then any of the other conferences right now and everybody will be at 16 when the new TV contracts come calling.

Last edited:
First: VBo being quoted anonymously in at least one serious news report I saw tonight, speaking some truth about OU/Texas. Wish he would have gone on the record, but still felt good to think we have a voice (kinda).

Other thing to keep an eye on: Because of A&Ms handy-work, the SEC is “the destination” all are talking about.

However, with the merry go round now spinning, the conference TCU and others should really be watching (not for TCU membership per se, but how they choose to act)?

BIG

LVH

Who else are they going to choose? The PAC-12 is probably in need of more help then any of the other conference right now and everybody will be at 16 when the new TV contracts come calling.

They don't have to expand... there are really no strong options for the Pac 12. Each option has downsides.