• The KillerFrogs

SEC Won't Reschedule for Covid

flyfishingfrog

Obviously better than you !!!
Yeah….not really

you seem to not realize herd immunity comes from the idea that most people have developed a level of immunity - natural or otherwise - to a disease and thus the spread of a disease will be controlled by a lack of “hosts” essentially

But if we had all “stayed away and wore masks” that our level of natural immunity across the population would be lower than it is today

and given that the level of vaccinated would be the same….

you seem to not understand the concept of herd immunity

tcumaniac

Riddle me this Batman.

How many unvaccinated Americans have died of Covid?

Answer over 600,000.

How many vaccinated Americans have died of Covid?

Answer: 2 that I've heard of so far.

Edit: per AP and the CDC - 150 of the 18,000 deaths in May were fully vaccinated patients. That is .08%.

Conclusion: Anti-Vac Americans are causing death to our fellow citizens.

The surge in this nation is caused by unvaccinated people getting infected and giving Covid to the more vulnerable.

This causes death and spreads the virus.

Yep, you have a right to not get vaccinated.

But your rights end at my nose.

TCU is a private school. We can require whatever we want of our students, teachers, employees, and fans (mask mandates).

So be intentionally ignorant if you want, but no real science supports your selfish, politically motivated, position.
Haha. Come on man. Your arguments are so shallow, intellectually lazy, and poorly laid out.

Are you not implying that the vaccine works? And if so, why do you even remotely care if someone chooses to get vaccinated? You’re vaccinated so you’re safe right? FWIW I’ve never once argued against the vaccine clearly being effective and being a useful option for a certain segment of our higher risk population.

You claim “anti vac Americans are causing death to fellow Americans.” Are you forgetting people with the vaccine can get and spread covid too? See your TX Democrat lawmakers on their joyride to DC for an example.

What about the millions of Americans that have already recovered from covid and have natural immunity? Have you done any research into that and whether the vaccine is medically necessary?

What about the adverse events resulting from this vaccine? Have you reviewed the VAERS data to see how many people have died as a result of taking the vaccine or have had life threatening side effects? This type of vaccine has never been used in humans before, and there are already more reported deaths from the covid vaccine than every other vaccine combined over the past 20 years.

Do these numbers not concern you, especially for younger people that don’t face much real threat from covid at all? Are you not the intellectually ignorant and selfish one that only knows how to argue using headlines and not entire picture?

jake102

Riddle me this Batman.

How many unvaccinated Americans have died of Covid?

Answer over 600,000.

How many vaccinated Americans have died of Covid?

Edit: per AP and the CDC - 150 of the 18,000 deaths in May were fully vaccinated patients. That is .08%.

The surge in this nation is caused by unvaccinated people getting infected and giving Covid to the more vulnerable.

But your rights end at my nose.

While I don't necessarily disagree with your conclusion, you're speaking out of two sides of your mouth. Either the vaccine works to prevent infection, and if infected, helps to prevent severe sickness/death, or it doesn't.

If you got vaccinated, you don't need to worry about anything. Even if you get the Delta, the odds it will have an impact on you is stupidly low, as you clearly showed the stats in your post above.

HToady

You folks seem to be arguing the the vast majority of people got vaccinated because they feared catching a disease. This is not true at all. They got vaccinated because they wanted to be released from the severe oppression, through fear. levied on them by oppressive government rules.
Were not far from creating a 2 class society in this country, ones vacinated and ones not. Some stores already have signs saying "if you're vacinated you don't have to wear a mask" and talk about vacination passports needed to travel.
I got vacinated because I want to be in the upper class, where I can travel, go to sporting events, etc. without resciprosity. I'm extremely healthy with no underlying conditions so I didn't fear a disease. They could have injected me with pepsi cola, as long as I got my card. It's kinda like wearing your nazi party pin on your lapel....

jake102

You folks seem to be arguing the the vast majority of people got vaccinated because they feared catching a disease. This is not true at all. They got vaccinated because they wanted to be released from the severe oppression, through fear. levied on them by oppressive government rules.

I got vacinated because I want to be in the upper class, where I can travel, go to sporting events, etc. without resciprosity. I'm extremely healthy with no underlying conditions so I didn't fear a disease. They could have injected me with pepsi cola, as long as I got my card. ..

This was 90% of my reasoning for getting it. I have zero worry about COVID, never did, I've had it and was nothing. I just wanted everyone off my back and do whatever I want. I'll be re-thinking things if any restrictions are placed back on vaccinated people.

You folks seem to be arguing the the vast majority of people got vaccinated because they feared catching a disease. This is not true at all. They got vaccinated because they wanted to be released from the severe oppression, through fear. levied on them by oppressive government l
I disagree.

vicarfrog

I disagree.

I would be technically put in the low-risk category, but I got the vaccine. For me, it was a personal risk-benefit decision. I landed on the side that it was more beneficial to have it than not to have it.

I think they're great, I think they're a miracle, but I don't really care what anyone else thinks on either side. I don't belong to a tribe. Do what you want. If you want it, get it, and then shut up and move on. If you don't want it, don't get it, and then shut up and move on.

At the same time, I really don't blame anyone for vaccine hesitancy. Our medical community went psycho this last year and a half and tried to become saviors. And in the process, people got treated like they were incapable of making their own decision. Revolutions get fought over that kind of bush league garbage.

Let adults be adults. Focus energy on the ones who want to be vaccinated and let those with other opinions be at peace. The vaccines work, and I really don't care if you aren't vaccinated. It's all good in the 'hood.

I would be technically put in the low-risk category, but I got the vaccine. For me, it was a personal risk-benefit decision. I landed on the side that it was more beneficial to have it than not to have it.

I think they're great, I think they're a miracle, but I don't really care what anyone else thinks on either side. I don't belong to a tribe. Do what you want. If you want it, get it, and then shut up and move on. If you don't want it, don't get it, and then shut up and move on.

At the same time, I really don't blame anyone for vaccine hesitancy. Our medical community went psycho this last year and a half and tried to become saviors. And in the process, people got treated like they were incapable of making their own decision. Revolutions get fought over that kind of bush league garbage.

Let adults be adults. Focus energy on the ones who want to be vaccinated and let those with other opinions be at peace. The vaccines work, and I really don't care if you aren't vaccinated. It's all good in the 'hood.
Did you just say why don't we leave politics out of this discussion and let each person decide if they want the vaccine and be safer, hopefully, or not get it and roll the dice on getting COVID or not? If so, I agree with you.