• The KillerFrogs

tcumaniac

No doubt it'll hit everyone to some degree. Problem for TCU is that we don't have 10s of thousands of people on a wait list who will jump at the chance to pay any price to get tickets the way most of the bigger P5 schools do.

I doubt it'll be as bad as many on here make it out to be though as long as the team can actually win some more games. People will support a winner. And if the team ends up being average again then who the scheiss cares whether there were 38K or 44K at the stadium to see it?
To my knowledge, the only school that has a wait list for season tickets is Alabama. But you are right that what I'll call the "covid effect" has affected every school across the country. Season tickets are down across the board.

Big Frog II

To my knowledge, the only school that has a wait list for season tickets is Alabama. But you are right that what I'll call the "covid effect" has affected every school across the country. Season tickets are down across the board.
And I was afraid this was going to happen. Too many people have gotten out of the habit of going. We are going to have to be really successful to get them back in person.

CountryFrog

Wow. Wasn't aware only Alabama had a wait list. But with or without an actual wait list I'm sure there are no shortage of Ohio St or LSU or Clemson fans who would jump on tickets immediately if they could.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
you can take your stupid opinions about people hiding in their house from covid to the politics board

Countryfrog basically said the same thing I did
200.gif

Endless Purple

agree - Uber costs are noticeably higher this year and I considered buying parking

not paying $2,000 per year or whatever that most of the closer parking spots want

might be a good idea to lower the parking costs to entice people back

While Uber is not much option for me, I was watching the parking during the process (the lot I wanted never opened a space), and it seemed many of the pricier lots had quite a bit of availability. Only the few spaces in lot 2 seemed to fill up. It did not look like many were moving to "better" parking.

HFrog12

I’m up there on the top row. If you’re on the top row every minute of every game is in the shade. Can’t see video board but there are fans and TVs. Distance from the field is identical to the suites above the main club level.. so closer than the 300s. I’d aim for middle of field if possible.

Sun sets over the west side so if you’re of the mindset that shade is better, go higher up.

I was up there last two years because I figured shade would be great for my little one. It was definitely nice but it’s a haul to get up there. Good workout carrying a 3 yo to and fro.

HFrog12

The school has not updated the gameday atmosphere in years. It is stale, out of date, and boring. We have chosen to avoid the traditional college football approach of cheerleaders and a band for flame throwers & rock music. If we are not doing a classic approach then things needs to be refreshed and updated constantly. Instead the gameday experience sucks.

Can I get an amen - bring back traditional CFB Saturdays! At minimum, for the love of the good lord, please get rid of WWE male cheerleader leading go frogs! Please!

Dogfrog

So effectively the green areas consolidated up and the red areas consolidated down.

Though I am curious as to the solid red block at the top of 238 in the southeast corner.

From that view the red means sold out but the green could have only two seats available and stay green so uncertain what those green sections really look like. As for 238, doesn’t TCU set aside a section of seats for some kind of visiting dignitaries or recruits and families or some such? Thought it was in that area.

Paul in uhh

From that view the red means sold out but the green could have only two seats available and stay green so uncertain what those green sections really look like. As for 238, doesn’t TCU set aside a section of seats for some kind of visiting dignitaries or recruits and families or some such? Thought it was in that area.
Dignitaries was right. Foreign press mainly.

Endless Purple

Top of the corner does not seem the highest priority spot for dignitaries or recruit families, but if that is what they want. The lower part of 238 is a great section. We stand, get loud and have fun, which seems different than those down low at the 50 based on what I read here.

y2kFrog

Looks like our marketing and ticket department is going to have to come up with some ideas to sell tickets.

I’ve got one. Sell some of the seats at a cheaper price. I’m a die hard so I cost isn’t my number 1 priority, but if I was doing a single game looking for something to do on a Saturday it would be a bit much to pay to sit in the 400s.

Tcupurplefaith

The lower part of 238 is a great section. We stand, get loud and have fun, which seems different than those down low at the 50 based on what I read here.

I just moved our 4 from lower 238 (Row K), to 301 and added an extra. 238 is a great section, been there since 2013 but I’m done with the sun.

Endless Purple

I just moved our 4 from lower 238 (Row K), to 301 and added an extra. 238 is a great section, been there since 2013 but I’m done with the sun.

I am several rows down in front of where your seats were. I hope you like the 301. I look there every so often and consider moving, but unless I get front row, I like the people around me in 238. Can still take the sun for now, but in a few years....

ftwfrog

I mean 650,000 Americans died from Covid. They aren’t showing up to games anymore.

I’m half kidding. I’m not sure why people think that ticket map was all red 2 years ago. We’ve always had empty season tickets in the end zone. The best seats are gone. The [ Finebaum ]ty seats are still available. What’s the big deal?

ticketfrog123

I mean 650,000 Americans died from Covid. They aren’t showing up to games anymore.

I’m half kidding. I’m not sure why people think that ticket map was all red 2 years ago. We’ve always had empty season tickets in the end zone. The best seats are gone. The [ #2020 ]ty seats are still available. What’s the big deal?

yeah but almost all the upper deck seats went unsold this time

typically a ton of those are gone and some people haven’t been able to move down into the 300’s until this year

Latest posts