• The KillerFrogs

MAcFroggy

Not just the team. The whole gameday experience continues to be stale and uninspiring.

The school has not updated the gameday atmosphere in years. It is stale, out of date, and boring. We have chosen to avoid the traditional college football approach of cheerleaders and a band for flame throwers & rock music. If we are not doing a classic approach then things needs to be refreshed and updated constantly. Instead the gameday experience sucks.

Last edited:

ticketfrog123

Empty seats is what happens when we haven't been worth a damn since 2017

watch out, you might get attacked and called a troll for implying we’ve taken a step down in on-field quality and won’t go 10-2 next year

no legitimate reason this program should be less than 9-3 or 8-4 at worst with our out of conference scheduling (which sucks and obviously everyone would appreciate an upgrade to opponents that aren’t Cal)

Peacefrog

Degenerate
watch out, you might get attacked and called a troll for implying we’ve taken a step down in on-field quality and won’t go 10-2 next year

no legitimate reason this program should be less than 9-3 or 8-4 at worst with our out of conference scheduling (which sucks and obviously everyone would appreciate an upgrade to opponents that aren’t Cal)
People call you a troll because you are a troll. A very boring one at that. You need better material.

ticketfrog123

People call you a troll because you are a troll. A very boring one at that. You need better material.

we need a better QB and better QB recruiting. I can’t change that or the fact that we were the only team in conference last year with 1 scholarship QB on the roster - beyond dumb

Big Frog II

No clue how many people didn't renew, but my guess is that renewals this year were significantly lower than they've been any other year in the last decade.

Similar to what dogfrog touched on, I think the largest population of people that didn't renew were likely moderate to fair weather fans that had simply renewed every year out of habit and a sense of obligation. Last year gave many of those people an excuse to take a break from attending games, and sadly, they probably enjoyed the benefits that came from it: more money in their pockets, more flexibility and free time on their fall saturdays to relax, get chores done, and drag the kids around to their sports/activities, the comfort and convenience of watching at home and getting to flip between games and eat their own food and drink their own drinks. Add in a team that's been boring, frustrating, and uninspiring the past few seasons and you have a recipe for a lot of people that decided to opt out again this year.
Hence how important it is for us to improve this year.

Boomhauer

No clue how many people didn't renew, but my guess is that renewals this year were significantly lower than they've been any other year in the last decade.

Similar to what dogfrog touched on, I think the largest population of people that didn't renew were likely moderate to fair weather fans that had simply renewed every year out of habit and a sense of obligation. Last year gave many of those people an excuse to take a break from attending games, and sadly, they probably enjoyed the benefits that came from it: more money in their pockets, more flexibility and free time on their fall saturdays to relax, get chores done, and drag the kids around to their sports/activities, the comfort and convenience of watching at home and getting to flip between games and eat their own food and drink their own drinks. Add in a team that's been boring, frustrating, and uninspiring the past few seasons and you have a recipe for a lot of people that decided to opt out again this year.

We’ve got 8 tickets in our group and have had them for over 20yrs. Our group renewed this year but not without serious discussion within the group of whether it was worth renewing for some of the exact reasons you mentioned above. The group decided to move forward on the hopes that we’d have a great chance to move up in location (which we did). But the fact that our longtime season ticket holding group of alums would even entertain that discussion made me worry about the state of the program. Need some wins this year in a serious way.

YA

We’ve got 8 tickets in our group and have had them for over 20yrs. Our group renewed this year but not without serious discussion within the group of whether it was worth renewing for some of the exact reasons you mentioned above. The group decided to move forward on the hopes that we’d have a great chance to move up in location (which we did). But the fact that our longtime season ticket holding group of alums would even entertain that discussion made me worry about the state of the program. Need some wins this year in a serious way.
I have to be honest, I had the same discussions and feelings. One more bad year, and I will be dropping my parking spots and most of my tickets as well.

NewFrogFan

I have four seats, but as I’ve moved around trying to get a better location, I ended up split two and two, a couple rows apart in the same section.

Today I was able to move down 4-5 rows grabbing all four together on the aisle.

Didn’t get me any closer to the 50, but finally got all of mine back together again. With 4-6 year olds, timing couldn’t be better for that.

You have 4, 6 year olds, a 4 and a 6 year old, or multiple kids, 4, 5, and 6? :)

Paul in uhh

So what's the thoughts on the 230s, high up under the East side club overhand? Downsides? When is shade?
I’m up there on the top row. If you’re on the top row every minute of every game is in the shade. Can’t see video board but there are fans and TVs. Distance from the field is identical to the suites above the main club level.. so closer than the 300s. I’d aim for middle of field if possible.

Sun sets over the west side so if you’re of the mindset that shade is better, go higher up.

Dogfrog

Just feels like the covid adjustments took the starch out, maybe temporary.

All the talk about where the prime seats are is a matter of taste. Purely from the standpoint of best view of the game, IMO the best seats are:

1. Home Big Screen
2. Champions Club midfield
3. (Tie) Upper Student section midfield
3. (tie) West upper 100’s midfield
4. East side 234 armchair seats
5. West 306
6. 234 bench back
7. (Tie) West 406 - lowest few rows.
7. (Tie) Legends club midfield lowest rows.

Adjust as needed to account for sun or ramp climbing aversions.