• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Team USA routs Senegal, 88-58

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
GoFrogs: Team USA routes Senegal, 88-58

USA 88 - SENEGAL 58 | July 9 | Box Score
A game-opening 3-pointer by TCU's Mike Miles set the tone for another route by the USA Men's U19 World Cup Team, this time over Senegal, 88-58, at the 2021 FIBA World Cup, held at the Riga Olympic Center in Riga, Latvia.

Led by TCU head coach Jamie Dixon, USA led 32-14 after the first quarter and rolled into the semifinals where it will face Canada at 10 a.m. CT on Saturday on ESPN+.

Miles earned his fourth start in five games and recorded 11 points, three rebounds, five assists and two steals in 22 minutes of play. The Highland Hills, Texas native tied for the team lead with two others with a plus-minus of 27.

Jamie Dixon Quotes
"I thought we played really good to start the game in the first quarter and thought we had tremendous passing. The press was good for us early, and they (Senegal) kept coming at us. I've got to give them respect. They battled, they kept playing and they killed us on the boards."

"They (Canada) are all players our kids know and are all high-major players going to college or at college, stated Dixon. So, we anticipated that Canada would be one of the final four teams, and that's where they are. These are guys that our guys know, respect and are familiar with, so I think we know what we're going to be going against."

Mike Miles Quotes
"We got off to a good start, then we dropped off in the second quarter. We just had to maintain our energy, but we are glad we came out with a win for sure and we are going to get ready for tomorrow."

"We expect a good game, we know they (Canada) play hard and we're used to some of the players they have. We've played against some of them, we know they're great players and they play at a high level. We expect and good tough game, but we also expect to come out with a win."

Read more at https://gofrogs.com/news/2021/7/3/usa-u19-mens-basketball.aspx

PurplFrawg

Administrator
GoFrogs: Team USA routes Senegal, 88-58

USA 88 - SENEGAL 58 | July 9 | Box Score
A game-opening 3-pointer by TCU's Mike Miles set the tone for another route by the USA Men's U19 World Cup Team, this time over Senegal, 88-58, at the 2021 FIBA World Cup, held at the Riga Olympic Center in Riga, Latvia.

Led by TCU head coach Jamie Dixon, USA led 32-14 after the first quarter and rolled into the semifinals where it will face Canada at 10 a.m. CT on Saturday on ESPN+.

Miles earned his fourth start in five games and recorded 11 points, three rebounds, five assists and two steals in 22 minutes of play. The Highland Hills, Texas native tied for the team lead with two others with a plus-minus of 27.

Jamie Dixon Quotes
"I thought we played really good to start the game in the first quarter and thought we had tremendous passing. The press was good for us early, and they (Senegal) kept coming at us. I've got to give them respect. They battled, they kept playing and they killed us on the boards."

"They (Canada) are all players our kids know and are all high-major players going to college or at college, stated Dixon. So, we anticipated that Canada would be one of the final four teams, and that's where they are. These are guys that our guys know, respect and are familiar with, so I think we know what we're going to be going against."

Mike Miles Quotes
"We got off to a good start, then we dropped off in the second quarter. We just had to maintain our energy, but we are glad we came out with a win for sure and we are going to get ready for tomorrow."

"We expect a good game, we know they (Canada) play hard and we're used to some of the players they have. We've played against some of them, we know they're great players and they play at a high level. We expect and good tough game, but we also expect to come out with a win."

Read more at https://gofrogs.com/news/2021/7/3/usa-u19-mens-basketball.aspx

Routs.