• The KillerFrogs

OT- More Stupidity From TCU

Brog

Here's another proof that the world's gone mad:

6f273c70-2b81-11eb-b77f-515addbbc249

Andrew Cuomo's Daughter Michaela Comes Out As Demisexual: 'We're Always Evolving'
Vanessa Etienne
Mon, July 5, 2021, 1:59 PM·2 min read

Michaela Kennedy Cuomo, the youngest daughter of Kerry Kennedy and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, has revealed she's demisexual.

After opening up about her queer identity last month, the 23-year-old offered more insight about her sexual orientation during a conversation last week on Instagram Live with activist and author Donato Tramuto.

During their chat, Michaela explained that identifies mostly as demisexual, which PFLAG describes as individuals who only feel sexually attracted to someone when they have an emotional bond with the person. A demisexual person can be gay, straight, bisexual, or pansexual, and can have any gender identity.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
As the venerable Iowahawk (blogger and satirist) once pointed out: “Take a respected institution. Kill it. Gut it. Wear its carcass as a skin suit, and demand respect.”

That's where we are with TCU at present. V. Bo. has presided over a wonderful reconstruction of TCU, while ensuring the financial stability of the University for the coming decades. Sadly, while he has been accomplishing great things on the one hand, on the other he has let in the poison that will be the undoing of what we all knew as a place of knowledge, inquiry, and curiosity, and turning it to the path of Marxist cant and conformity. Western Civilization, with all it's philosophical gifts is to be shunned in favor of Identity Politics and Groupthink. Critical Theory is the only way, and the New Faculty embraces it.

I utterly abjure this horror, and will no longer fund TCU with a single cent while they pursue this path. While I do indeed fund Athletics at present, and for a couple more years at most, that is entirely separate from the University, to which I used to donate generously. Those days are gone. The hopeful pleas from the TCU Legacy people are met with little more than a derisive laugh, before their mailings land in the roundfile. The day that I saw TCU had hired a "Dean of Diversity and Inclusion" I knew that the University as I knew it was as dead as Caesar. The corpse just hadn't quit twitching yet...

BABYFACE

Here's another proof that the world's gone mad:

6f273c70-2b81-11eb-b77f-515addbbc249

Andrew Cuomo's Daughter Michaela Comes Out As Demisexual: 'We're Always Evolving'
Vanessa Etienne
Mon, July 5, 2021, 1:59 PM·2 min read

Michaela Kennedy Cuomo, the youngest daughter of Kerry Kennedy and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, has revealed she's demisexual.

After opening up about her queer identity last month, the 23-year-old offered more insight about her sexual orientation during a conversation last week on Instagram Live with activist and author Donato Tramuto.

During their chat, Michaela explained that identifies mostly as demisexual, which PFLAG describes as individuals who only feel sexually attracted to someone when they have an emotional bond with the person. A demisexual person can be gay, straight, bisexual, or pansexual, and can have any gender identity.

For the few posters that say what is the big deal? Well, here is another example of ridiculousness. It has become comical.

Frog-in-law1995

I'm sure many of y'all will find this petty and not worth posting about, but I personally found it so ridiculously stupid that TCU deserves to be called out publicly.

For as long as I can remember, it's been a fun tradition to get your wedding picture published in TCU Magazine with all of your TCU friends doing the "go frogs" hand sign, especially if you marry a fellow Horned Frog. I know my wife and I had our picture published with all the TCU alumni that attended our wedding, and we still have a copy of that magazine at our house.

My friend from TCU got married this past year and has a really cool picture with her, her husband, their tcu wedding guests, and super frog who made an appearance.

HOWEVER, TCU Magazine refuses to publish the picture because the wedding "coincided with the pandemic." How scheissing stupid is that? Just mind numbing. Shame on you TCU Magazine and all those involved with your idiocy.

Gotta fess up here. I snuck in a sideways gig-em thumb in our photo for the magazine. In my defense, it was a long time ago and I’m much better now. I’m sorry.

LisaLT

Wife is a prof at a state U and it is a huge thing now. She has had several students this past year who identify as "they." It took her a while but eventually was able use the pronoun consistently. I told her to use the persons name as much as possible until she got it down.

Not sure why anyone has an issue with this.
I guess I look at it like this. People can identify however they like or chose, but in an academic setting, why would a professor, who likely has numerous- maybe 1000’s of students- be expected to learn the pronouns of all students? How would that even be possible? It seems like an unrealistic expectation IMO. And why would someone who identifies as “they” truly be offended by being called he or she (based on their gender)? They certainly have the right to correct the person, but should understand this is not easy for most to remember to use. There are far worse offenses in life than having the wrong pronoun used when being addressed.

I still call Caitlin Jenner “Bruce” or he quite often as I grew up with Bruce Jenner as a sports icon and it’s ingrained in my consciousness. Even his daughters still call her “Daddy” as that is their frame of reference and who Jenner is to them to this day. And she has no issues with this. She understands and accepts that those who knew Bruce will always see her as Bruce. And that is ok and acceptable too.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Unrelated, but more stupidity:

TCU and our dean of admissions, Heath Einstein, hosted a video seminar last night for prospective students providing them advice for the application process. All of the TCU staff had their "preferred pronouns" next to their names.

Dozens of questions were being asked, and I sarcastically trolled them by asking "Should I make sure to include my pronouns in my application essay?" and Heath acted as if he couldn't have been more thrilled by my question and literally chose it as the first question that was addressed. We are living in a clown world. Sadly finding myself less proud to be a Frog all the time.

209886124_10218979581909884_9092077365630938544_n.jpg
You are very naive my friend.

you seem to think that tcu is being dragged along to the woke culture. Tcu and every university are the incubators of wokeness. They are at the forefront. And who’s gonna stop them?

steelfrog

Tier 1
This is a separate issue but an issue.
Steel is in Cali right now, since last Thursday. (6th and final “big trip” with youngest). Some observations:

San Diego is absolutely loaded with smoking hot babes. Good lord. Makes Texas look like a 3rd world country.

most small rural Cali towns are very much like Texas. They hitch about their politicians , price of gas etc Good folks for the most part.

they are in a serious drought out here. Amazing

the Bay Area—good lord, where to start. First of all, these people are cold, stand-offish and seem generally miserable. They do not observe basic politeness. The living conditions are absolutely filthy. Trash everywhere. Graffiti everywhere. Remnants of human feces on sidewalks. Homeless literally lying about everywhere. Place sucks.

ticketfrog123

And another thing: maybe tcu didn’t publish it because tcu has come to the (correct) conclusion that weddings are dumb. The single most useless industry in existence today. Wedding = party. That’s it. Let’s waste 10s or even 100s of thousands of dollars on a fricking party. So dumb.

TCU makes stupid money off weddings at the chapel near Moudy

Paul in uhh

been attending church with crowds for months without masks, have been eating in restaurants for months without masks, have been going into stores for months without masks and attended events with crowds.

if whomever made this decision is so worried about the any blowback from such a picture i truly feel sorry for them and truly hope their decision does not align with the administration of the school
As indicated by their recent track record, TCU leadership is very, VERY afraid of negative press from left-leaning media outlets in particular.

Steel is in Cali right now, since last Thursday. (6th and final “big trip” with youngest). Some observations:

San Diego is absolutely loaded with smoking hot babes. Good lord. Makes Texas look like a 3rd world country.

most small rural Cali towns are very much like Texas. They hitch about their politicians , price of gas etc Good folks for the most part.

they are in a serious drought out here. Amazing

the Bay Area—good lord, where to start. First of all, these people are cold, stand-offish and seem generally miserable. They do not observe basic politeness. The living conditions are absolutely filthy. Trash everywhere. Graffiti everywhere. Remnants of human feces on sidewalks. Homeless literally lying about everywhere. Place sucks.
California: the only place where you can legally poop on the sidewalk in front of city hall but you cannot erect a patio in your backyard without a permit.

Showtime Joe 2.0

I used to love getting the TCU Magazine in the mail, especially after I moved back to austin in 2001 (I’m TCU Class of 94).

But in the last 3 to 5 years, I’ve seen a real shift in the stories they publish, as well as the tone of the magazine. It’s all diversity this and inclusion that and profiles in anti racist courage.

I love and miss Ft. Worth and I still love TCU in spirit based on my memories and friendships made from 1990 thru 1994. But it’s run by a bunch of woke folks now. I am truly embarrassed by those who are in leadership.

And people like illinifrog can call me boomer, or anything else they want to try to paint me as an old bitter white man. But that’s not me. I’m live and let live baby! But I hate woke libs shoving their BS in my face. And they do. That’s the TCU magazine.
A friend and fellow alum from my undergraduate days used to write letters to the editor of the TCU Magazine complaining about the increasingly leftward tilt of the publication and the school in general but they weren't always published. So, he took the matter up personally with Boschini but to no seeming effect.

And then, guess what happened? In case some of you haven't noticed, the magazine no longer even has a "Letters to the Editor" section! They simply got rid of it so that "nowhere is heard a discouraging word" about the school and alums can no longer complain that their letters aren't being published.

But if eliminating the "Letters to the Editor" section was intended to mollify my friend, it didn't work. He's a wealthy and incredibly generous individual who had donated to TCU heavily in the past but he stopped contributing to the school entirely at that point and took TCU out of his will. I applauded his decision but told him it was long overdue.

The TCU Magazine, much like the university as a whole, I'm afraid, has become nothing but a "woke joke."

Last edited: