• The KillerFrogs

Noah Daniels tweet

Wexahu

Totally agree on the portal and immediate eligibility. If they moved it back to a one year sit, I think it would be a huge change even with NIL.

Absolutely it would. But they'd also have to quit making exceptions for everything under the sun. Just make it cut and dried, if after you sign your LOI and then want to transfer, you can't compete the following year. Period. Even if you have graduated.

It would fix almost everything overnight.

FrogAbroad

I think it's more a function of every 20 year old's thoughts getting text messaged to the world whenever they feel like it. You don't think there were quality players in the MWC era that didn't feel exactly the same way every now and again? Can you imagine what would have happened if Tommy Blake had twitter in 2007?

Kids get frustrated and send out stupid tweets. Doesn't mean all that much most of the time.

A valid and probably correct observation. What lots of folks don't realize is how fast a dumb remark or comment can join the public domain and be taken seriously by some who read/see it. How many times have most of us fired off some snarky comment in the heat of the moment and later wondered "Why the heck did I say that?!"

Sorta reminds me of an experience 'way back in my DJ days in Fort Worth. Something messed up during a broadcast and I used rather a non-housebroken word. Then, and when the switchboard lit up, I realized the mic was open. Too late to take it back. Social media works in a similar way. Don't press "Send" unless you are absolutely positively willing to share your comment with the whole world.

tcudoc

I think it's more a function of every 20 year old's thoughts getting text messaged to the world whenever they feel like it. You don't think there were quality players in the MWC era that didn't feel exactly the same way every now and again? Can you imagine what would have happened if Tommy Blake had twitter in 2007?

Kids get frustrated and send out stupid tweets. Doesn't mean all that much most of the time.
So...things said on Twitter are an unimportant waste of time and we should not judge people for their twitter content? Just checking.

tcudoc

You grow out of it. I eventually realized that if the Frogs lose, that’s Gary’s problem. I’ve got to focus on making sure my business runs well, and I can’t lose emotional energy on Gary’s job performance or the mental and physical performance of 18-22 y/o’s.
If your loquaciousness and verbosity persists, you may need to consider a name change. :)

FrogIt7

I can read this tweet two different ways. It could mean that those within the four walls of TCU don't appreciate him. Or, it could mean that because he plays at TCU, he doesn't get the recognition/appreciation he deserves.

If it's the former, well, I have my own thoughts and opinions on that. But if it's the latter, I can see where he's coming from. Maybe he's looking for a chip to put on his shoulder.

Regardless, I try not to read too much into tweets. And I've long since giving up on trying to or caring about it. These kids are going to do whatever they want to do.

I can read this tweet two different ways. It could mean that those within the four walls of TCU don't appreciate him. Or, it could mean that because he plays at TCU, he doesn't get the recognition/appreciation he deserves.

If it's the former, well, I have my own thoughts and opinions on that. But if it's the latter, I can see where he's coming from. Maybe he's looking for a chip to put on his shoulder.

Regardless, I try not to read too much into tweets. And I've long since giving up on trying to or caring about it. These kids are going to do whatever they want to do.
I tend to agree with you.
I would like to think it's the latter. If it is and he wants to bring more attention/recognition to himself, if he proves he deserves it through hard work, preparation, and success on the field, what he is looking for will find him.

Dogfrog

I could envision myself not caring about college football any longer very soon if this and the transfer portal are the new reality.

I will only say that after second guessing myself for not pulling the trigger on east side club, I feel more content with that decision every day. Also considering other potential deserving areas of need at TCU to support as time goes by.

Zubaz

A valid and probably correct observation. What lots of folks don't realize is how fast a dumb remark or comment can join the public domain and be taken seriously by some who read/see it. How many times have most of us fired off some snarky comment in the heat of the moment and later wondered "Why the heck did I say that?!"
I can't tell you how thankful I am social media did not exist until I was mostly out of those years.

ticketfrog123

I will only say that after second guessing myself for not pulling the trigger on east side club, I feel more content with that decision every day. Also considering other potential deserving areas of need at TCU to support as time goes by.

what are deserving areas of need at TCU?

honest question they’ve doubled tuition in the past 10 years - how are they not flush with cash?

Eight

noah has played 4 games the past two seasons. he is part of a results driven industry where the phrase out of sight out of mind is a very real thing

Dogfrog

what are deserving areas of need at TCU?

honest question they’ve doubled tuition in the past 10 years - how are they not flush with cash?

As a TCU alum I want to support my alma mater. Sorry if the word “deserving” confused you but I am certain there are other university activities more deserving than athletics. I am not there yet just preparing myself for the possibility of not caring much about athletics, as others have suggested.

ticketfrog123

TCU athletics is the only thing I'd consider donating to at TCU currently. My attitude has completely changed in the last five years. I used to dream of my kids going to TCU, I'll probably recommend against it unless it changes in the next 15 years.

I’m not sure anybody would advocate paying $100k per year tuition or whatever it might be for your children

I have no clue where that money goes - unless it’s into pockets of the highest paid administrators

Moose Stuff

TCU athletics is the only thing I'd consider donating to at TCU currently. My attitude has completely changed in the last five years. I used to dream of my kids going to TCU, I'll probably recommend against it unless it changes in the next 15 years.

We just sent one to A&M. Might have cost us an extra 7,000-10,000 to go to TCU once scholarship money was factored in and we were OK with paying it. She chose the Aggies and I can’t say I have a problem with it.