• The KillerFrogs

Noah Daniels tweet

ticketfrog123

Don’t think there’s much we can do to appreciate him before the season starts

It’s too late to transfer and not lose a year of eligibility

Wexahu

I could envision myself not caring about college football any longer very soon if this and the transfer portal are the new reality.

I know I'm a broken record but I'm already about halfway there, if not more. This stuff, and this sport, just isn't all that entertaining anymore.

I used to be a die hard, one of those nerds that bought all the pre-season magazines and looked at all the All-American teams and schedules, logged into 247 every day to look for updates, and tried to figure out who was gonna be good or not, and couldn't wait for the season to start. I'm sure some of it is age, but I haven't even bothered this year. I bet I haven't seen 247 in a month. I just don't really care that much. It is what it is, probably just as well.

Zubaz

I think it's more a function of every 20 year old's thoughts getting text messaged to the world whenever they feel like it. You don't think there were quality players in the MWC era that didn't feel exactly the same way every now and again? Can you imagine what would have happened if Tommy Blake had twitter in 2007?

Kids get frustrated and send out stupid tweets. Doesn't mean all that much most of the time.

Wexahu

I think it's more a function of every 20 year old's thoughts getting text messaged to the world whenever they feel like it. You don't think there were quality players in the MWC era that didn't feel exactly the same way every now and again? Can you imagine what would have happened if Tommy Blake had twitter in 2007?

Kids get frustrated and send out stupid tweets. Doesn't mean all that much most of the time.

You are right, but it takes on a totally different meaning when kids can jump schools at the drop of a hat and be immediately eligible. It becomes about how can we kiss these kid's asses enough so they won't jump ship on us. I know that isn't really the case in Daniels' situation but I wasn't just responding to his tweet.

The transfer portal and kids not losing a year of eligibility when they transfer is what is losing me just as a fan of the sport. That's the part that makes following the sport so much less enjoyable, to me.

Last edited: