• The KillerFrogs

CWS 2021

Big Frog II

Could it be that TCU is generally physically smaller than most of these CWS teams? It’s something I’ve been noticing all year. NCState, Stanford and now Vandy and AZ look like LB’s and TE’s, TCU this year not so much. Is it the built for speed thing?
I have noticed that. However, Taylor does not look that big and kept hitting homeruns.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Could it be that TCU is generally physically smaller than most of these CWS teams? It’s something I’ve been noticing all year. NCState, Stanford and now Vandy and AZ look like LB’s and TE’s, TCU this year not so much. Is it the built for speed thing?
We had Thor for a couple of seasons. It all averages out, really...

Pharm Frog

You don’t have to just look at the CWS teams to see this. DBU was generally bigger than the Frogs and sometimes substantially so by position. But this isn’t that new. FWIW — one of the bigger position players is Gray. Shep ain’t small but he became somewhat of a non factor.

Paint It Purple

Don’t know what it means really. They hit lots of HR until late April and May. I guess I like seeing the big physical kids that can still run. At this CWS level and guys like Silseth (sp) and Rocker throwing 95-96, the bigger physicality looks advantageous. Hence the AZ kid that just hit one out of sight off Rocker.

helcap

Don’t know what it means really. They hit lots of HR until late April and May. I guess I like seeing the big physical kids that can still run. At this CWS level and guys like Silseth (sp) and Rocker throwing 95-96, the bigger physicality looks advantageous. Hence the AZ kid that just hit one out of sight off Rocker.
Kid homered for AZ is same size as Sikes (3 lbs heavier)