• The KillerFrogs

U.S. Open Predictions

Putt4Purple

Thanks for the shout out JogginFrog. Trying to predict a golf tournament winner is more difficult than going to Lone Star Park and predict a Horse race winner. More entries. As a golfer we all know we can play great and feel in control of this great game one day and the next day you will play horrible and be humbled, crying beyond grief!
Having said all that the cream seems to always rise to the top in Major Tournaments. Especially the U.S. Open. The field is more susceptible to new golfers entering the contention arena than The Masters. Younger and more talented from top to bottom.
Occasionally you will have a sleeper creep in and surprise everyone. Can that happen again? It sure can but I will be surprised as anyone if it happens this year.
I'm going to break down my picks according to your criteria. I will choose one for each.

Favorites: I am looking at previous winners or individuals who have played well at the Farmers Insurance Open usually played in January and/or persons who play well in Majors: John Rahm, Bryson DeChambeau, Brooks Koepka, Rory Mcllroy,
My Pick: John Rahm,

Darkhorse: Patrick Reed, Viktor Hovland, Tony Finau.

My Pick: Viktor Hovland.

TCU Alum: To be honest I have not seen any of the three in competition to make an educated knowledgeable pick. I will guess. Sorry to those who know these guys.

My Pick: Hoge.

My prognostication skills are decent.
Congratulations John Rham.

JogginFrog

I thought with three questions we probably wouldn't need a tie-breaker. That'll teach me. Three-way tie for the champ in this contest, as @Putt4Purple, @Frog92 and @Pharm Frog all correctly select both Rahm to win and Hoge as low Frog...with all of their darkhorse picks missing the cut at +8.

Honorable mention to @Ron Swanson, who correctly picked Hoge and whose two other picks both finished T7; if we scored it as the lowest total place-of-finish across the 3 categories, I think he's the winner.

Ron Swanson

I thought with three questions we probably wouldn't need a tie-breaker. That'll teach me. Three-way tie for the champ in this contest, as @Putt4Purple, @Frog92 and @Pharm Frog all correctly select both Rahm to win and Hoge as low Frog...with all of their darkhorse picks missing the cut at +8.

Honorable mention to @Ron Swanson, who correctly picked Hoge and whose two other picks both finished T7; if we scored it as the lowest total place-of-finish across the 3 categories, I think he's the winner.
Yeah that’s what I was going for

Y’all can just Venmo me your $100 entry fee, thanks in advance