• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Probably posted, but I saw the Twelve Mighty Orphans last weekend.

Outstanding even if it did take a few Hollywood liberties with the real story line.
I don't know if they will ever exercise the option they took on the Bram Kolhausen Story, but can you imagine how that would go?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
First of all, to be a marketing success today the part would be played by a non-white LGBT person that played at a school with no C in its name and hates America for the evil it represents.
The sad thing is, you're probably only scratching the surface of what those loons would contemplate...

PurpleBlood87

I am out and about and drinking a McNulty, which is named after the amazing drink James McNulty from HBO’s The Wire. it’s a Heineken with a Jameson back. Together, they are very tasty.

which got me to thinking, and posting, cuz there are zero prospects foe ol’ Jug in this bar, and that’s saying something cuz I’da hit the Baylor Beer Thief.

who are your favorite drunks in television/film.

my list is as follows:
1) Brockmire from Brockmire
2) Frank from Shameless
3) McNulty from The Wire

*I’m sure more will come to me as I keep drinking .

Charlie Harper liked to drink.

https://www.ranker.com/list/most-lovable-tv-alcoholics/awesomeballa

HG73

I just saw the Masonic Home orphans movie. Good. Lots of TCU and FW references. Hal Jay is the play by play announcer in the state championship game.

SwissArmyFrog

Just a quick fyi, the character's name in Ben-Hur is "Messala".

Hugh Griffith is outrageously good as the sheik who persuades Charlton Heston to drive his horses in the chariot race. He won an Academy Award for his performance.

I love the "So let it be written. So let it be done." line from "The Ten Commandments". I think the main reason is not the line, itself, but the way Yul Brynner says it.

Last edited:

JugbandFrog

If you love Sarah Shahi, you’ll get to see, um, A LOT of her in her new show Sex/Life. There is a cost as the show is godawful. I could only make it three episodes before I turned it off.