• The KillerFrogs

Do you think Quentin Johnston will become one of Max Duggan's top receiving targets this season?

LVH

I think Quentin Johnston showed a lot of flashes of being a good big play receiver last year so I am wondering if you all think he can take the next step and emerge as one of the go to guys for Duggan.

Ron Swanson

At least LVH finally made a post about real human beings using their actual names
2d623294-d679-496a-83be-9c34a85962a4_text.gif

Eight

should he? without a doubt. not sure we have had a young receiver show that combination of size, quickness, and speed in quite some time

could he? yes, if the o-line improves and we see the max of the first 3 games there is great potential

will he? the one knock on the leach passing tree supposedly is that you don't target individual receivers as much as attack what the defense gives to the offense.

i do remember however in the game in lubbock where doctson seemed to be the target for most of the frogs throws that game. granted, the frogs had a number of injuries at receiver, but tech had to know that and yet tcu kept going to josh.

i would like to see that same determination in the passing game trying to get the ball to quentin and not just on screens and go routes

Froggish

QJ was already Max’s top WR by about game 5 last year. Passing game sucked though so that’s not saying much. Our success is 100% tied to our passing game this year. If we have to turtle up and run Max all day like we did last year, we’ll finish with about the same record 7-8 wins.

Froggish

should he? without a doubt. not sure we have had a young receiver show that combination of size, quickness, and speed in quite some time

could he? yes, if the o-line improves and we see the max of the first 3 games there is great potential

will he? the one knock on the leach passing tree supposedly is that you don't target individual receivers as much as attack what the defense gives to the offense.

i do remember however in the game in lubbock where doctson seemed to be the target for most of the frogs throws that game. granted, the frogs had a number of injuries at receiver, but tech had to know that and yet tcu kept going to josh.

i would like to see that same determination in the passing game trying to get the ball to quentin and not just on screens and go routes

In 9 years of P5 football we’ve only had 1 team (2014) where we forced secondaries to defend both sides of the field. I’m not sure why we’ve sucked so bad at finding a WR2 that can consistently do damage and help our WR1 but it’s ridiculous.

Unfortunately we once again go into a season without a proven “X”. If one doesn’t emerge, we’ll find ourselves once again having to force balls in to QJ just like we did with Doctson and Reagor. Just like with Reagor teams won’t sleep on QJ this year. They aren’t going to let him get over the top.

We badly needed an outside WR in the portal. Maybe Savion Williams emerges but it’s a gamble without an insurance policy

Peacefrog

Degenerate
In 9 years of P5 football we’ve only had 1 team (2014) where we forced secondaries to defend both sides of the field. I’m not sure why we’ve sucked so bad at finding a WR2 that can consistently do damage and help our WR1 but it’s ridiculous.

Unfortunately we once again go into a season without a proven “X”. If one doesn’t emerge, we’ll find ourselves once again having to force balls in to QJ just like we did with Doctson and Reagor. Just like with Reagor teams won’t sleep on QJ this year. They aren’t going to let him get over the top.

We badly needed an outside WR in the portal. Maybe Savion Williams emerges but it’s a gamble without an insurance policy
I’ll take “Things I won’t worry about in June for $200, Aaron.”

Limp Lizard

Didn’t GP say that if you didn’t learn and perfect it in the spring you weren’t going to learn it in September? Something about not using two RBs in the backfield at the same time.
Er, no. I remember many times his saying they will get things settled in the fall camp, however.