• The KillerFrogs

DMN: TCU to have a ‘major announcement’, will reportedly name Saarloos

TooColdU

Did you expect anyone to say, "We got our third choice!"? It seems a little weird to have indicated a national search and then hire from within and declare that "you got your man". Would seem like you already had him. But I do like the premise of the question...what difference is it gonna make? I expect that this may become clearer when the assistant role is filled but at this point it seems rather status quo. So far we've only seen personnel subtraction. Same pitching philosophy. Same offensive philosophy. And I've read here pretty recently that this is what the program needs...consistency and stability. I guess we'll see.

Let’s hope we at least get rid of the #FrogBallUSA slogan.

Already upset CKS kept Mosiello. Don’t think he’s a bad coach, I just don’t believe he’s irreplaceable.

We already have a problem with too much loyalty in the football program, I don’t want it to be a problem with baseball too.

Moose Stuff

Already upset CKS kept Mosiello. Don’t think he’s a bad coach, I just don’t believe he’s irreplaceable.

We already have a problem with too much loyalty in the football program, I don’t want it to be a problem with baseball too.

Bizarre

Moose Stuff

Been interesting to observe the reactions from former players today that made NO comment whatsoever when Jim left. Also interesting that as best as I can tell Jim himself made no comment (though entirely possible if not probable he spoke to Kirk directly). Throw in the fact that it also appears at this point as if nobody from the current staff is joining Jim in College Station and the potential to infer some things certainly exists.

Ron Swanson

Been interesting to observe the reactions from former players today that made NO comment whatsoever when Jim left. Also interesting that as best as I can tell Jim himself made no comment (though entirely possible if not probable he spoke to Kirk directly). Throw in the fact that it also appears at this point as if nobody from the current staff is joining Jim in College Station and the potential to infer some things certainly exists.
100% dead on. This is addition by subtraction.

I have no doubt that Jim will do good things in College Station, as he clearly knows how to run a program and he should be able to recruit well there, but his time here was up 3-4 years ago when he tried to leave for Miss St and they didn’t make him the offer. Kirk and Mo built these teams and it will be nice to see what they can do without Jim’s presence interfering in everything.

tcudoc

Plus I find it hard to understand how a man who is determined to leave regardless puts down earnest money on a house he won't get back a few weeks later when he leaves...
That money that he put down actually allowed the realtor’s son to be able to afford to go to an elite baseball camp in Arizona for three weeks this summer. So, in the end, it was a really great thing that Jim was completely okay with.
Earnest goes to camp. Know what I mean, Vern?

Ron Swanson

That money that he put down actually allowed the realtor’s son to be able to afford to go to an elite baseball camp in Arizona for three weeks this summer. So, in the end, it was a really great thing that Jim was completely okay with.
Earnest goes to camp. Know what I mean, Vern?
Funny joke, doc

200.gif

froginmn

Plus I find it hard to understand how a man who is determined to leave regardless puts down earnest money on a house he won't get back a few weeks later when he leaves...
I obviously know nothing about this specific transaction, but in general there could be other contingencies to allow cancelation. Or the seller may just opt to let it go...

With earnest money, if it’s not a substantial amount, the cost of keeping the property off of the market until the closing date (when the transaction won't go through) and then relisting at a time when the market may be cooler would be a good reason to let it go or negotiate a middle ground.

The other aspect is that the seller may need the transaction to go through to allow purchase of THEIR next property. Even if not, they would have to relist and make mortgage and utility payments on the property while they wait for it to close.

So Jim would have negotiating leverage. If he has none, I'm sure he could have written it into his Aggy contract ...

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Not a program in need of overhaul. Rather a few tweeks and new HCKS will make it his but overall keep the program among the elite programs on and off the field.