• The KillerFrogs

DMN: TCU to have a ‘major announcement’, will reportedly name Saarloos

Pharm Frog

Looks like they got the man they wanted so what difference does it make?

Did you expect anyone to say, "We got our third choice!"? It seems a little weird to have indicated a national search and then hire from within and declare that "you got your man". Would seem like you already had him. But I do like the premise of the question...what difference is it gonna make? I expect that this may become clearer when the assistant role is filled but at this point it seems rather status quo. So far we've only seen personnel subtraction. Same pitching philosophy. Same offensive philosophy. And I've read here pretty recently that this is what the program needs...consistency and stability. I guess we'll see.

Moose Stuff

Did you expect anyone to say, "We got our third choice!"? It seems a little weird to have indicated a national search and then hire from within and declare that "you got your man". Would seem like you already had him. But I do like the premise of the question...what difference is it gonna make? I expect that this may become clearer when the assistant role is filled but at this point it seems rather status quo. So far we've only seen personnel subtraction. Same pitching philosophy. Same offensive philosophy. And I've read here pretty recently that this is what the program needs...consistency and stability. I guess we'll see.

I think it’s entirely possible for assistants to have different philosophies than their HC that you wouldn’t necessarily see until the balance of power shifted. Not saying that’s the case, just that it’s possible.

hiphopfroggy

With this season ending up in such a disappointing way, I actually feel pretty happy today knowing the KS is our new coach. I can't even imagine that there was ever a real search for anyone else.

I feel great about it. Confident he would have managed the bullpen better in the KSU and DBU games. Seems TCU will see an immediate upgrade at in game bullpen management with this hire.

I suggested they worked to keep the guy we had since he is a HoF coach that made our program what it has been....

maybe next time a coach asks to review and extend his contract more than once during the season so he doesn't get to the end of the season with only two years left on it - our AD will listen and we won't get bad decisions being made from emotions....

But after that - I would have put the contract in front of Saarloos the minute Schloss' brake lights disappeared over the horizon. Nobody is better for the helm at TCU after Schloss than KS.

I mean if we had been preparing for weeks or months as has been reported on here - didn't we already know Heefner is not interested in leaving DBU and O'Connor was only leaving if he was forced out? They both told multiple schools that before us....so not sure who we were waiting on...

I'm SHOCKED they didn't take your advise.

OmniscienceFrog

And I would assume those baserunning decisions were made because Jim wanted Bill to be aggressive.
Yes, he definitely encouraged the aggressive approach. I was just referring to the fact that he was not on the field and therefore not making the split second decisions of a third base coach.

yeah - you keep saying that. and I realize you are all knowing. But most people don't lie your face very often and he never did in all the years I knew him - so I know what he said to me and when he said it. He also told a few others the exact same thing over the last year - so it was not my imagination. I spent the weekend with another couple who he spent a ton of time with over the last year that he told the same thing.

Plus I find it hard to understand how a man who is determined to leave regardless puts down earnest money on a house he won't get back a few weeks later when he leaves...

So this "he wasn't staying line" is an opinion unless he looked you in the face and told you he decided a long time ago - in which case he lied to not only me but basically the guy who was his best friend....

There are over 30 ways to get out of a contract. If he has a savy REALTOR he may get back his EMD.